• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why am i so scared?

PinkPunch

Reaction score
20 months ago I gave birth to amazing little girl who I think the world of. I had a good birth, no horror stories. Waters broke, labour started then stopped, got the drip and did it with gas and air. 8 hours later she was born and only about 1-2 hours of that was pain. 8 mins pushing and 2nd degree tear. It was an amazing experience it really was. I loved it and wanted to do it again!

So here i am.. Baby number 2 due soon and I'm terrified of labour. But why? I know I can do it, I know how good it is to see the baby so what is my problem?? Sometimes I just feel so trapped in this uncomfortable pregnant body and just think i cannot do this :( I'm sure people who had worse births than me can cope... I just feel like if it started tonight I would freak out big time.

Judging by your first labour your gonna be fine! I'm shitting my pants! No idea what to expect! Lol x

Judging by your first labour your gonna be fine! I'm shitting my pants! No idea what to expect! Lol x

But I'm more scared than you though. Your wanting labour to start now.. I don't, I'm not ready for that yet!

Ahh I think I just want it because I'm due in 4 days haha. Maybe in a week or so you will feel differently! Jay try an relax about the whole thing, that's basically what ive tried to do - teach myself to relax and not worry or symptom spot as i know I would drive myself mad doing all these things. I do get twinges yes, but I don't report on every single one because it would stress me out by the time I got to labour I wouldnt know what to say as I will have cried wild a little if that makes sense! I don't want to jinx anything basically. Just when the time comes I hope to be able to relax at home until I feel I have very regular contractions, then will take a trip to hosp and try and keep mobile so I can have an easy birth, use the pool to push, and ten have my baby. I know this might not happen but having this as my ideal is a massive help to my sanity and not panicking. I could easily get into a flap, but I'm just visualising how I want I to go, and it's helping my sanity big time. I do actually lie in bed listening to hypnobirthing tracks just to prectice this for when I'm in labour really, as I'd like to try and remain in control. X

Sticking my face over here for a sec but you're not alone!

My first pregnancy was 8 hours, did it on gas and air and pethadine and didn't even graze let alone tear! No post birth complications yet I'm shittin it!

I just keep thinking what if I'm not that lucky this time around! My pregnancy hasn't been as easy going and I was only pregnant 4 years ago! I think I've changed my mind and might just stay pregnant...like I have a choice in the matter!!! Lol! Can't wait to see my baby, just wish I could skip the labour bit!

I had a false alarm last night and I have to say when I was in pain, I was more excited than scared and I didn't want the pain to go away although it did!! It's funny how your mind can shift like that when it needs to. So hopefully I'll be fine when the real thing happens

Rosa - I love love love watching birthing programmer! It actually makes me more confident in how it's going to be and what to do and what not to do! One born every minute has been my saviour! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back