Where has his poo gone?

cherrybomb

Reaction score
James hasn't had a poo yet today, normally every nappy is soiled. He is breast fed and 5 wks old, should I be worried?

i wouldnt worry, its just been a day. BF babies are funny with poop as the milk is digested so fast they can go so many times in just one day at the begining. My LO was like that, and around 4 weeks didnt go for like 3 days. its was nerve wracking to see such a dramatic change, but aparently nothing to worry about.

Sprog once didn't go for 13 days. That was interesting when it finally happened.

Apparently it's something to do with them using their food really effectively - there's little or no waste.

I would encourage you to carry around LOTS of extra nappies, wipes, and spare clothes for when the inevitable does happen, however. In the above instance I was found bathing Sprog in the sink in the Tesco changing room.

Not one of his finer moments.

badgergirl said:
Sprog once didn't go for 13 days. That was interesting when it finally happened.

Apparently it's something to do with them using their food really effectively - there's little or no waste.

I would encourage you to carry around LOTS of extra nappies, wipes, and spare clothes for when the inevitable does happen, however. In the above instance I was found bathing Sprog in the sink in the Tesco changing room.

:rotfl:
Something similar happened to my cousin, just happened to be in the middle of a funeral service at the time with some very noisy farting coming from a small baby. Must say me, DH and my cousin was in hysterical fits of laughter while the vicar was doing her bit :oops: :rotfl:

badgergirl said:

Tee. :lol: I had to do a similar thing on the back seat of my (tiny) car with a bottle of water and a load of napkins. You wouldn't think so much poop could come out of a tiny baby!!

But very normal though - most BF babies don't go everyday - Olivia has settled down to every other day now.

Don't worry in future. Your milk will be changing all the time at the moment and less waste means that he is using everything he eats to grow.

Luke's changed at around the same time IIRC, and he didn't poo for a couple of days and it then stayed that way until he was weaned and now he can poo several times a day but they STINK! LOL

I miss the smell of an exclusively BF nappy. They were so....... sweet lol

DebbieM said:
I miss the smell of an exclusively BF nappy. They were so....... sweet lol

Yup, kinda like toffee popcorn.

Sprog's favourite food is currently smoked salmon. I leave it to you to decide what that smells like afterwards. :puke:

I remember when Hannah didn't go for 10 days, I was on the phone to the Health visitor about it when she let rip... I was picking it out from under her armpits for the next 10 minutes, it was the biggest poo I've ever seen :puke:

The worst thing is when they don't go for a couple of days they get really smelly farts :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back