When will i get my scan date?

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Im only 5 weeks pregnant but as every woman is with pregnancy I am very eager to know when I will be told my scan date. I know it will be around 12 weeks but all the doc said was I will get sent an appointment. Does anyone know how far in advance they send this out. I am in Glasgow so understand it differs up and down the country. xx

i had to tell my doctor i was pregnant, get referred to a midwife and after that appointment she booked me in. had my midwife appointment on thurs. just waiting for scan date to come through now but as i am already 12 weeks theya re putting a rush on my scan :D

Hope that helps a bit x

Last edited:
My doctor didnt really tell me much, she asked which hospital i would prefer then just said i would get my scan date. Oh you dont have long then until your scan... how exciting, hope it goes well x

no i ahve already had 2 aswell. feel a bit greedy. :) but they were emergency scans. you got a little while to go but it does go fast i promise. seems like only 2 weeks ago i found out and i was 4 weeks! :(

I wasn't asked where I would like to give birth, I was told where I was to give birth! I want a different hospital but I was pretty much told @Tough, you're going there!'

when i found out i was PG, i went stright to docs, then he made me a midwife appointment, i had that when i was 5+3 weeks and she sent off for my scan, about a week later i got my scan date, it came on the 22nd dec and my scan is 31st jan!! so had it for a while, but i went to docs/midwife early as i didnt want to have to wait and then be seen later than expected!! x

Hiya, i went to the doctors when i was about 5 weeks i think, and didnt get much info from them after from the baby book Ready steady baby, its free on the nhs for first time parents in scotland (really good book!!), about 2 weeks later i received a letter with my midwife appt and another letter with my scan date, them both came at the same time, and my scan date was a week after my midwife appt. It was a dating scan and i was 10 weeks and 2 days at that point :) xx

Im still waiting for an appointment. I hope i get one soon im already 12 weeks

I havent even been to doctors yet am going on monday. I cant wait to have my scan and to actually see it on the screen. I dont realy know what goes on its all change since my last child. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back