when to make lumpy foods?

fernie3

Reaction score
when can babies start having slightly thicker or lumpier foods?
my son is 7 months old and i am wondering when to introduce thicker foods
thanks
sophie

good question i dont have an answer as my daughter is in the same situation i wnat to start establishing more lumpy foods and finger foods but my health visitor is saying im rushing her even though i havent done anything and i did the right thing by asking her first! :x

from 7 months you can introduce some lumps but if you buy tinned baby food some brands make lumps bigger than others.... so i would cut there lumps in half for a few weeks then stop so they can get used to bigger lumps...

also you could try finger food

:)

sam96031 said:
good question i dont have an answer as my daughter is in the same situation i wnat to start establishing more lumpy foods and finger foods but my health visitor is saying im rushing her even though i havent done anything and i did the right thing by asking her first! :x

funny :| - catherine (HV) told me to introduce finger/lumpy foods weeks ago as she said he is by far ready. so we have been giving him grated cheese,grated carrot, peaches etc going to try toast this week :dance: so unless told not to by health visitor then i would begin introducing lumpy/finger foods - christopher has had them from 6 and a half months im also going to put himn on 2nd stage food this week as he is also ready for it according to health visitor :cheer:

rhian85 said:
sam96031 said:

funny :| - catherine (HV) told me to introduce finger/lumpy foods weeks ago as she said he is by far ready. so we have been giving him grated cheese,grated carrot, peaches etc going to try toast this week :dance: so unless told not to by health visitor then i would begin introducing lumpy/finger foods - christopher has had them from 6 and a half months im also going to put himn on 2nd stage food this week as he is also ready for it according to health visitor :cheer:
she said this when i phoned after she didnt turn up for our appointment i think she was pissed off with me! she said to try finger foods in a couple of weeks

Jamie was having finger foods and lumpier dinners from about 6 months. I didn't trust the health visitors at all (they didn't half come out with some crap!!) & went with my instincts.

my health visitor told me not to introduce any food or try to wean until 6 month??? i started baby rice at 3 months and food at 3 and half months. kenzie now has 3 meals and loves his food, i will move onto lumpy and finger food at 6 months i think regardless of what the health visitor says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back