• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When to bath

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I was adviced by the health visitor or midwife (can't remember which we had so many different visits by different people they all merge into one), not to bath after a feed as it can cause colic. Due to a lot of problems with colic I tend to end up having to feed Elena every hour leading upto her last feed at around 7:30 (though sometimes closer to 7 if she won't wait until 7:30) before I put her done to bed for the night. This means that most of the time she ends up not getting her bath at night. I have ended up bathing her during the day to make sure she gets a bath but would like to make it part of the evening routine. I did try bathing her before her last feed once when she was saying she was hungry early but she got so distressed, I haven't done it again. So my questions are:

Will it make the colic we are getting any worse if I bath her after a feed?
How long after a feed do you need to wait before you can bath them?

Thanks

Im the same, sometimes I can and sometimes I cant. I dont think it makes a lot of difference. I just assume the warm bath water would be soothing.

I was feeding all the time with Joe as well till I got colocynth granules from the pharmacy and changed his feed. Im now giving him alternate sma white cap and cow and gate comfort He is now feeding every 2.5 hours and not as colicy if at all.

I'm not sure it'll make colic any worse as long as you burp her before hand.

The only problem is it can make them sick as the milk sits in their tummy.

Give it a try though.

I was told to wait at least an hour after feeding them and at least 30mins before the next feed is due :?

Hi

Never heard of this by anyone.... i always bath Kiara after dinner and its never upset her?
Katrina

I was told to give a bath if they are colicky!

I sometimes give Brody 1/2 a feed before a bath and the rest after. Otherwise he gets too tired for a full feed after a bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back