• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when did u put lo in walker?

ozzy

Reaction score
My lo is driving me crazy as i constantly have to walk around with him and i slowly sit down whilst holding him and he knows when i do this and starts moaning. his bored with his swing( which is very low) and still likes his playmat gym though. Im thinking of getting a walker so he is higher up and can have a good look around. When can babys use them ? im not bothered if he doesnt move around in it at the mo i just need somewhere he can sit and entertain himself for a while.
my lo is nearly 7 months ( 4 half months corrected as he was prem) . do they have to sit unaided before using them ?. im thinking of a jumperoo but they are soooo expensive.
any suggestions or experiences will be great!

hannah was 4 months when she went in hers and she loved it

Oliver has been in his since about 5.5months. He's a preme too so 4months corrected as he was 6 weeks early.

He wasn't able to sit unaided, but has good head control & is getting better at sitting now. He loves the walker - likes to be up n looking around.... and as he's now found forward mode my cat better start watching out!!! :rotfl:

they're a lot better when their smaller and actually considered to progress their development. i've read a lot of research that older babies who spend a lot of time in walkers dont really learn balance and stops them progressing to walking. but when their 4-8 months it can really stimulate their interest in becoming mobile.

Isaac was in his at 4months, and taking his first steps unaided at 10months, so I think they can be beneficial to mobility, but its definitely dependant on your LO as some are able to hold their head well earlier than others, so if you feel they're ready then try them, you can also pop cushions in the seat with them/around them for extra support :)

mine were around 5 months when they went in theirs

my eldest 2 were both 4 months when they went in theirs. My daughter walked at 9 months but my son didnt til he was 13 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back