whats wrong :(

lillou

Reaction score
Ava had a cold about 4 weeks ago, while she had it she was feeding about 4oz's every 4-5 hours, then she went back up to 5oz every 4 hours (apart from at night she would go 5-6hours)

the past week she hasnt been feeding well at all :( she has gone from putting on anything between 10oz and a lb a week to 4oz's this morning.

she only takes about 50ml's from her bottle then she will scream as she doesnt want anymore. i spoke to the health visitor who just said "keep an eye on things" but i cant help worrying something is wrong or im not helping in some way.

any ideas?

Don't really have any advice I just wanted to say although it is worrying try not to get too stressed. She is still gaining weight which is good and prob why your HV isn't too concerned at the moment.
Hope she starts guzzling again soon !!! :hug:

Do you need to change teat? Lily always arched her back, screamed and refused to drink when she needed the next stage teat.

If its not that i hope Lo feels better soon :hug:

I cannot help on the bottle side as im breast feeding but just wanted to say 10oz - 1lb a week is fantastic weight gain and its not suprising she has slowed down. 4oz a week is good dd barely put that on they do level out. By looking at your ticker your dd is 3 months or so about the time they start to settle down. I wouldnt worry but like you hv said keep and eye on her you will know if shes not well but don't worry about the weight gain as i think 4oz's is great.

Try not to worry too much hun, you could try a bigger teat but sometimes they are just not hungry. Is she sleeping through?

Chester started off as a hungry baby, then at about 3 months he hasnt been as hungry, then he'll have a growth spurt and become a guzzler again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back