What's essential at first?

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
I am out in Cyprus and it's soooooo flipping expensive here. Mum & Dad are coming over as soon as I tell them I've gone into labour but it may take them a week before they get here (they are either bringing out or buying the main things for the baby).

So my question would be this;

What are the essentials you'd need for a new born baby at first? i.e nappies, what type of nappy rash cream is better to use? etc

I guess you cauld manage with just a moses basket, few baby gros and vests, nappies, sudocreme, bottles and steriliser.

It's hard to think really... we had hardly anything ready for Jonah, but I couldn't do without those at least. If you're gonna breast feed you'll need less maybe.

Nappies (about 6-8 per day), vests, babygros, cotton wool, somewhere for baby to sleep, a couple of blankets, a hat, a towel or 2, maybe a pack of baby wipes (although you can just use cotton wool and water). I didn't need any nappy cream for a couple of months.

If breastfeeding you'll want breast pads & nipple cream too.

You'll need some maternity pads for yourself.

We just washed Austin with cotton wool & water for the first couple of weeks, he didn't have a bath until his cord stump fell off.

Erm... can't think of anything else immediately. Newborns tend to just need cuddles and sleep for the first week or so, so don't need a huge amount to begin with.

maybebaby said:
Nappies (about 6-8 per day), vests, babygros, cotton wool, somewhere for baby to sleep, a couple of blankets, a hat, a towel or 2, maybe a pack of baby wipes (although you can just use cotton wool and water). I didn't need any nappy cream for a couple of months.

If breastfeeding you'll want breast pads & nipple cream too.

You'll need some maternity pads for yourself.

We just washed Austin with cotton wool & water for the first couple of weeks, he didn't have a bath until his cord stump fell off.

Erm... can't think of anything else immediately. Newborns tend to just need cuddles and sleep for the first week or so, so don't need a huge amount to begin with.

I'd definitely agree with this.

Valentine xxx

nappys sleepsuits same as baby gros :)

basically what they all said :p

breast pump if u breast feeding if u need ti the steriliser bottles etc :)

Nursing bras if you're breastfeeding.
Muslins are GREAT too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back