What would you do?

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to get a few peoples opinions on this as I'm torn...

For mothers day, my dh got me a card from bubs and I was so pleased that he'd even thought of it without me saying anything. I made a mental note to make sure I didn't forget when it came to Fathers day (cos I'm worse than him!) and was going to get the scan pic onto a card from moonpig.

Unfortunately though his father passed away a couple of weekends ago which came as a bit of a shock- although it wasn't entirely unexpected (but thats another story-the usual evils of alcohol). Now I don't know what to do- would it be too crass to give him this card?

On the day itself we will be out celebrating his uncles birthday so the day won't really be acknowledged in that way.

What do you reckon??

i think you definitely should. It will make what could be a miserable day a little bit brighter as your OH will be reminded of the fact he is gonna be a daddy.
I found out I was preggers a year to the day that my DH lost his dad which also happened to be Fathers Day and it turned what was going to be an awful and sad day into a lovely and happy one.

:hug:

Thanks jen, I think I will do it. We can't avoid it altogether and if he sees me as a mummy I think he must see himself as a daddy too- so would probably be upset if I didn't give him a card!

He is a daddy so he should get a Fathers day card, I think the moonpig idea with the scan pic will be lovely and im sure he will love it!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back