What is considered a High Temperature?

charlie84

Reaction score
Calleigh is poorly with a cough and cold :(
She has a temp of 38.3 at the moment and i gave her calpol about an hour ago.
She usually has a normal temp of about 36.7.

What temp is too high? I cant seem to find anything of help on the net to tell me.

i was told to take leland to a&e/ call nhs direct, soon as it hit 40 and wouldnt come down , 38 is a fever but when it gets to 39 + there's a danger of culvulsions :( which leland did have .

LO has just had temperature. GP asked to take her in if her temperature goes above 39. As her temperature got to 39.4 I took her to be checked. They recommended me to give her ibuprofen together with calpol (which is paracetamol) and that worked!

DD was very uncomfortable with her fever. When she's been ill before she's still been quite joyous and energetic but with fever she kept crying (perhaps because she was teething too).

Poor Calleigh - hope she gets better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for you replies girls :hug:

Calleigh had me up all night last night with her sore throat, cough and cold :(
I brought her into bed with me and OH had to sleep in the lounge.
She was a right state, nothing could console her.
Her temp got up to 39.8 in the night and she was sick.
Calpol hardly touched her temp so OH went out and got the nurofen liquid, well that did the trick and really helped her this afternoon, she is now sleeping away on my bed bless her.
Dont think tonight will be any better as she really is suffering :(

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We are in the same boat too. I thought DD was better this morning so didn't give any medicine - her yemp quickly got up to 39.1 so I gave ibuprofen again and she got better. I have just given another dose as she was getting really unhappy and her temperature was rising again :(

Appararently viral infections can last three or four days. Today is our third day of fever so I am hoping that tomorrow is better. I was told to keep LO in underwear only so she's just wearing a vest.

Hope Calleigh gets better soon :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back