What happend at doctors appointment

Jadey_404

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked a 1000 times before but i just want to ask again.

What sort of questions did your doctor ask you when you told them you was pregnant? Do they ask you any questions?

My doctors thinks that im still on the pill, even though i stopped it in march. Do you think i should make an appointment to tell them that i am TTC?

Thanks for reading, Jade xx

I dont really think its any of their concern if your TTC, unless you want help and advice with it.

I came off pill and didnt tell my doctor, when i got pregnant they wearnt interested, just sent me to fill out a form for midwifes.

It depends what you want from your doctor

My doctor said "ok, well are you keeping it?" :shock: He was really not interested and so unhelpful. It was a waste of 10 minutes of my day. He was a right a**hole :rotfl:

My doctor said "ok, well are you keeping it?" :shock: He was really not interested and so unhelpful. It was a waste of 10 minutes of my day. He was a right a**hole :rotfl:

i wouldnt worry about telling them you are ttc hun just go along when you get your bfp they will prob ask if you were ttc and you can tell them yes then they will also want to know the 1st date of your last period so they can work out how far along you are some doctors like a urine sample although most dont bother now as todays home tests are so reliable then they will book you in with a midwife so nothing to worry about
good luck hope you get your bfp soon xxxxxxx

I had my first doctors appointment a week ago. He just said congratulations and go back to the desk to book in with midwife. I was out in about 15 seconds - no joke.

It was a bit dissapointing i was hoping they would do a comfirmation test or blood test, loads of leaflets and perscriptions maybe even a feel of my stomach. I was so wrong no one seems to rush around at all like i expected its such a major event in our lives we all forget that to them its work and they see it everyday.

I'll know not to expect a hug and balloons falling from the ceiling next time though lol.

TNH theres very little they can do at an early stage. Palpatating your tummy doesnt show much unless you are about 8 weeks in which case they'd have to do it in conjunction with an internal...something they like to avoid...i've only just had my tummy felt at my 25 week appointment!!

You can ask them for a script for folic acid if you're not already taking it, otherwise they very wisely leave it to the experts the middys.

Its simply about establishing an inital EDD from your LMP and putting you in the system.

Some surgeries will take a wee test to do their own PG test, like mine but most simply take your word and the home test which are the same accuracy anyway.

I was asked when my LMP was, if this was my first pregnancy was I okay with being pregnant. They then booked me in to have a blood test and gave me a pot to pee in for the urine test! I get the results from that early next week (I saw the docs very late - bloomin' Spanish healthcare, took me AGES to get my health card).

AMETHYST

It was the first time I had seen my doctor. I moved to the area a few months ago so decided I ought to actualy register with a new surgery when I found out I was pregnant (my old surgery were completely useless so didn't even contemplate visiting them first even though I was still registered there!)

So I'm not sure if I got a bit more because it was the first time they had ever seen me?

The doctor took my blood pressure, weighed me, worked out my BMI, talked about folic acid, talked about how tired I was, asked me when LMP was (to which I had to say I don't know but am guessing mid March! :oops: ), gave me lots of leaflets and arranged for the midwife to call me to sort out my booking in appointment.

At my docs i called and basically said ' i think i'm pregnant what do i do' and they got me to give them a wee sample. I then called up a few days later, they confirmed i was preg and then booked me in to see the midwife.

At that point i was maybe 5 weeks? The midwife didn't really ask or do much - she said she'd rather wait a few weeks but she did check i was generally ok and she gave me the NHS book on pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back