What does it mean when bump drops?

pinkymum

Reaction score
As the titled says really. I thought this morning that bump has dropped. Was just in the pharmacy and one of the ladies said she thinks my bump has dropped as well :)
Is it just baby getting ready?

i take it as ur baby is getting ready ye and moving down that wee bit "staring to enagage i think"
sure ppl say with ur first u drop quicker from 34-5 weeks but ur second u can drop later as they dont engage as quick no idea if this is true or not.
I carried my son very hight first pregnancy and when my bump droped it was like i could breath again :) still really high this time round but still early for me i guess x

I feel as though my bump has always been low, well not as high as everyone elses anyway. I've been waiting for a high bump for weeks x

i can snwer this for u thankfully lol

yeah as u get toward the end of your pregnancy the baby gets itself into position to come out, so as your baby is lower down u bumo naturally isnt as high to technically its dropped

i think mines always been pretty low too - i was thinking it might get higher before it drops ready for the birth but i dont know? x

I really don't know what it means Hun. Mine seems to bob up and down to be honest.

This is a pic of my bump the night before I had Reshaun so don't think it has to be particularly low before anything starts to happen......

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300885828.949311.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300885828.949311.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 5
Thats higher than mine Lexus, interesting to compare!

Thats higher than mine Lexus, interesting to compare!

Exactly! Even higher than mine is now!!! The whole thing confuses me. Cos my baby is back to back I have a flat surface where my belly button is. As in, so flat the spirit level bubble would be in the middle!!!

My baby is back to back too and I have a flat surface by my bellybutton but didn't know why! Thanks Lexus!

xx

Bump dropping is normaly baby moving down getting ready to be born or engaging as someone else has mentioned xx

Carrying low in pregnancy is usualy due to muscle tightness - how good yoru sixpack was before you got pregnant! xx

EDIT to clarify so I don't panic anyone - Engagement means baby is getting into position no t that you are going to go into labour soon! Engagement is normally acompanied by feeling your breathing is abit easier - also known as lightening

Also - I was advised to spend some time each day on my hands and knees so that if my baby was back to back it would encourrage her to naturally to turn xx

Last edited:
this is me today - i feel really low and big for 31 weeks!?

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
Cherelle you look perfect to me hun.

There is alot of heaviness in pregnancy that people do not realise and it's normal to feel big and heavy - just wait a few more weeks lol You will think you can't grow anymore but you will!! xx

i must be low because its hard for me to wear any under the bump bottoms - they just fall down! lol

Im not looking forward to growing even more - feel so stretched :-(

Im not looking forward to growing even more - feel so stretched :-(

Awww hunny - I know how you feel xx

Edited my last post for a little more clarity on low bumps by the way. In no way is your low bump something to worry about - in fact it should mean you are not having too many troubles breathing - until you grow again lol xx

it normally mean your baby is starts to engage

i carry low but i think thats because my muscles are not what they use to be

20110318_16.jpg

my low bump lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams