What a difference!!!!!!

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been having some problems breast feeding as some of you may know and I have asked a few questions on here..... well I spoke to my HV about this on Wednesday and she offered the support of a breast feeding councellor from a support group from mum2mum.

The lady came out an hour later and stayed at my house for over 2 hours!

We went through everything inclusing the latch and how to manipulate the hold to ensure Logans mouth was open wide enough. She even got me to lie down on my bed and went through feeding lying down.

Since this visit Logan has been a different baby. It seems like he was not latching on properley ( as his mouth wasn't wide enough) and he was filling up on fore milk and then falling asleep to wake up a few mins later hungry!

I am now feeding for longer ( waking him up mid feed if need be) using compression on my breast to encourage more hind milk and feeding him lying down a lot of the time. He still " messes about" and pulls and bites me but does this less when lying down hence doing this more often.
He has settled down loads and is sleeping loads better - also he is a little less windy!

What a difference a day makes! I am also off to a Baby Cafe on Monday to get some more support from other breast feeding mums! This is all to do with this support group mum2mum - I have a peer supporter now too! I am soooooo happy!

great news Lyndsey - it will get easier and your wee one will settle

The breastfeeding takes a lot of patience and perseverance in the early days and weeks and you need support like that to help through the tough times

All the best

Lucy

Well Done Lyndsay!
Its great to know the support is there isnt it.

Thats great news hun, im really glad things are going so well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back