Weight Gain?!

joannec777

Reaction score
My bump is getting quite big now but I still haven't put on any weight yet, is it normal? I mentioned it to my MW, she said I will put on weight later on, but how much is normal? any idea?

i think the average weight gain is about 2 stone but i varies from person to person.

I have only put on about 3 pounds so far.

As long as you are eating well I would not worry, if your midwife thinks it is OK.

Here's what I found on the web doctor site online about weight gain:-

"This should be about 2-1 kg (1-2 lbs) in the first ten weeks, 3-5 kg (6-10 lbs) by week 20 with about ½ kg (1 lb) a week after that to the end of pregnancy: a total weight gain of about 13 kg (28 lbs) over the nine months. "

I put on 4 stone with my first! I was determined not to do that this time around. So far I've put on about 5kg.

I don't think it's unusual not to gain too much though. So long as the MW is ok and LO is healthy it doesn't really matter.

i have put on about 10lbs so far :shock:
i weighed myself weekend before last and i was 9st 2 weighed myself last weekend and id gone up to 9st 12!!!

I weighed myself last night and noticed i am now only just starting to gain weight. I have put on about 5lb on, But i lost a load in the first tri and didnt have morning sickness.

Sabrina said:
Here's what I found on the web doctor site online about weight gain:-

"This should be about 2-1 kg (1-2 lbs) in the first ten weeks, 3-5 kg (6-10 lbs) by week 20 with about ½ kg (1 lb) a week after that to the end of pregnancy: a total weight gain of about 13 kg (28 lbs) over the nine months. "

I put on 4 stone with my first! I was determined not to do that this time around. So far I've put on about 5kg.

I don't think it's unusual not to gain too much though. So long as the MW is ok and LO is healthy it doesn't really matter.

This sounds about right, but I am aiming slightly higher. I have read in a lot of places that if you were a healthy weight before you got pregnant you should gain an between 28 - 35lb. So I am aiming on the higher side.

I am now 25 weeks and have gained 22lb. This, I think is not too bad, I still have 16 weeks to go, so at 1lb a week I will be just over the higher end of the scale.

Everyone gains at different rates, so don't worry if you are higher or lower than average.

Heather x

I didnt put on anything at all until about 19 weeks. Now Im nearly 25 weeks and I've put on about 10lb :)

I have put on 4 kg but i was a little overweigh befotr getting pg so i hope thats ok :?

I still haven't gained anything...I asked the obsetrician about my weight gain...he said my weight has nothing to do with the baby which is why they don't bother weighing at the hosp.

hope this helps

phew...........so I am not the only one didn't gain any weight :oops: , I wasn't so sure when my MW told me its ok, I actually feel much better after reading all your posts, than you so much :D

Hi

3 weeks ago i gained 11 pounds :) way less then i had with Kiara at this point
Katrina

i didnt weigh myself before i got pg, the last time was 2 or 3 years ago when i was 7st 4. at my 16-weeks blood tests app, i was horrified to learn i was 9st 5! so i gave up fried rice and crisps but am slightly more horrified to find out i am now 10st 3! :shock:
and i've gone from a flat-chested size 6 to a DD!! :shock: :shock:
i am a fat-ass! :lol:

I was 9 stone 7 lbs before I got pregnant and the day before I had him, I stepped on the scales and I was 11 stone 7 lbs so I put on 28 lbs but as long as you and LO are healthy, it shouldn't matter how much you put on :hug:

Yep I agree with Momnat. I put on about 3 stone last time and this time I said to myself I wouldnt let it happen again.

Im not being too strict though, if I want chocolate I'll have chocolate :lol: I'll worry about losing the weight after I've had him :)

I am always 8stone and with my last boy who will be 2 in june i put on just over a stone in weight he weighed 7lb 8 oz so most of it was baby, and have not yet put much on again either i think it differs from person to person, i don't watch what i eat really either and like you kirsty if i fancy something i will eat it! :D

i've put on 2 stone... i hope that's okay :?

but i'm worried it will be harder to get the wieht off after :?

trixipaws said:
i am now 10st 3! :shock:
and i've gone from a flat-chested size 6 to a DD!! :shock: :shock:
i am a fat-ass! :lol:

Hi,

I know everything's relative - but please don't call yourself a fat-ass at just over 10 stone!

I weighed a huge amount more than that pre-pregnancy (and am not proud of it), but now feel crap.

Valentine xxx

Valentine :hug: don't be hard on yourself hon. You are a beautiful person regardless of any extra weight you may (or may not) carry. :hug:

Is anyone being weighed as part of their MW check ups? I haven't been officially weighed since Xmas? Seems I'm the only one who's bothered if I'm gaining or not. :think: Odd because they made such an issue of weight with my first.

S

Hi

Yes i get weighed at the once a month checkup :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back