Weigh in today :(

Mrs. KM

Reaction score
Just got K weighed and she is 9lbs 6oz. She gained 2 oz less than they wanted her to in two weeks. I'm not sure if i should keep trying to top her up or see what the doc says next week when we see him. She has been refusing bottles for three weeks though, and seems satisfied.

she still gained right? its probably cos you have just gone ebf and if shes satisfied then id give it a while longer to establish properly again hun. if she refuses bottles she probably dosent need them and as long as shes gaining full stop i dont think its bad

Thanks Bev! That makes sense! I think i will wait to see what the doctor says, as long as she keeps seeming satisfied. Little stressed though lol!

i know its horrible to doubt yourself cos of some doctor isnt it. theyre always happy if baby gains weight but they do it at diff speeds so im sure any gain is a positive, if she needed the topups she would have lost weight i think

Bevs right, I she wasn't satisfied she would take bottle or be grumpy cos she is hungry still. Ignore the drs, she put on and I imagine they wanted her to put on more than what was needed anyways x

I think sometimes doctors forget that babies don't always abide by a manual!!!! Surely the fact that she's gained weight and is healthy and happy is the most important thing??! Babies are individuals like the rest of us - I think you're doing a fab job and would ignore them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back