• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weaning??

hayley_17

Reaction score
Well i started giving Owen baby rice a while ago because he started going 2 hours between feeds, even at nite! Now he wont take baby rice, dont blame him though, it has no taste!! He now has porridge for breakfast and a something for dinner.

Last night he had his dinner at 6pm, was in bed asleep for 8. Woke at 10 for a feed, then again at 3:30. At both these feeds he had 5oz. He doesnt normally take as much. When he woke at 7:30, i got him washed & dressed and it was 8am before he got his bottle. He took an oz then wouldnt take anymore. I kept it warm and tried him a few more times with it over an hour. He just wouldn't have it. My Mum said to try him with his porridge, maybe he wanted that becuase he just kept crying. He ate all of his porridge but still wouldnt have any bottle afterwards. He does this quite alot at breakfast, he doesnt want his milk.

Could this be because he had more than usual at 3:30?? Or should i be doing something to make sure he has his milk?? I'm just totally confused because so many people keep telling me so many different things.

Also at dinner time he has about 4/5 teaspoons of food from a jar. I don't have a blender right now, the 1 i am getting i can only get from england and its quite expensive. I cant even get a cheap one out here for now, they are all very expensive. I didn't want to give him jar food, i wanted to make things for him, fruit & veg etc. Would he be ok if i cut out giving him dinner untill i get his blender?? Or now that he has started having it should i keep it up??

I'm just totally confused like i said before! I keep being told what i should be doing and because ive never had a baby before im just doing what everyone is telling me... :(

Thanks in advance :D

xx

i wouldnt worry about the fact his food is coming form a jar. there is hardly any difference.

if he is only liking solids then i would try and give him things that are mixed with his milk. there he is still getting a bit of milk. as milk does have all the goodness he needs right now

just follow what Owen wants cant go wrong then.

how many oz of milk if he taking in 24 hours?

thank hun :hug: i was gettin really worried with everything, i keep hearing- 'they shouldnt be having food from a jar, its not a good 4 them' blah blah blah

he loves his porridge, do you know if u can mix it with milk or is it only water?? if not i will look for something that i can mix with his milk :D

he is varying how much he is taking right now. he was taking 7oz every 3/4 hours. now he is taking 5 or 6oz every 3/4 hours. today so far he has had 5oz at 3:30, 1oz at 8 (think he just drank that because it was there though, he sicked most of it back up :? ) 6oz at 12.

I always make porridge for myself with milk, I don't know if you are giving him normal porridge or special porridge? I haven't started looking at solid food yet, I have only just started reading up about it.

i alwyas use milk if i do it for myself, but owen has baby porridge & it says to use water with it. i dno if i cud use it with milk, probs not :?

I started jacob off on baby rice but after a few days of it he went off the taste... as you say it's so boring! i started him then on baby creamed oats from the jar... he only has about 2 tea spoons full. It's mainy to get him used to food... he's enjoying it so far. I give him his bottle then and he'll only take about 4oz. His other feeds he takes between 6 and 7oz. His last feed is 9.30pm.. bed at 10pm then i wake him at 7.30am for a bottle. He used to wake at 3am for a feed but the MW said he is probably waking up out of habit.. so i started giving him his dummy at 3am and leaving him in his cot (not changing his nappy) he went back off to sleep. Now he wakes up throu the nite but i don't have to go to him... he'll drift back off on his own! Try missing out the feed in the early hours and see if he takes more throu the day.

x

hi hayley cant comment on the weaning as i havent started yet but Ellis doesnt have a morning bottle till 9.30 as he just will not take it till then!! but he still gets up at 7 :wall: hehe xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back