We have started the "name game" HELP

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
well OH and me have started looking at names!!

girls names we dont seem to have a problem with and have three we really like (1 mega contender)

but boys god we cant think of any but one..... we want something different but not stupid IYKWIM :wall: :wall:

If it will help so far girls names we have are

Layla (our fave)
Alexis
Alexa

and for a boy we only have

Jodie

The surname will be Howe please help girls!!!

also when we mention Jodie for a boy everyone turns their noses up, if it really that bad or different??

Jodie does sound like a girl's name to me, sorry. I like Layla and Alexa, but Alexis is a bit too Dynasty for my taste.

I went to college with a boy called Jody with a y.

He didn't get teased about it, although I probably wouldn't spell it with an ie as that is a little feminine for my taste.

I really like the girls names you've picked. :hug:

Layla has always been our number 1 girls name since we started trying both me and OH have always liked it!

Jody with a Y is better, I never even thought about it that way :lol: :doh:

I love Layla :cheer:
What about Dexter, Maxwell or Freddie.
I like jodie too. Its hard.
Had my names picked out 4 years ago. My dh and i are on the ball :rotfl:

Layla is lovely but im not too keen on Jodie as i always think of it as a girls name (sorry!) dont worry about what other people think though. My parents turn their nose up at all of my names!

Claire x

lads names are soo hard to pick, OH doesnt like anything I like :lol: and everytime I tell people what I like they turn there noses up at them :lol:

I like Alexa the best, I work with little ones and havent had an Alexa come through for 5 years!

Jody with the y is ok I reckon, you have boys called Cody so why not Jody?

I love Layla too (if i have a girl I will try and convince OH)

I like Ashton for a boy

I have a female mate called Ashton so dont use it, I like it as well.

Ive always liked Abby but one of his twin sisters is called Abby and we cant name it after one and not the other plus I dont wanna name babs after anyone. I want it to have his/her own name!

i like Jody for a boy, but i think the boys way is spelt with a Y

I have a cousin (male) called Jody......again with a "Y" and not "IE".

Boys names are much harder to choose, here are some we came up with for our little monster:

Joshua
Cole
Lewis
Morgan
Evan
Gray
Kynan
Tate
Haden
Tyler

We have ended choosing a slightly more traditional first name and an unusual middle name!

I like Alexa for a girl, but not so keen on Alexis, or Layla.

I knew a boy at high school called Jody but I've never seen another one :think: To be honest I think he was confident enough in himself that it never caused problems.

I quite like Lesley for a boys name as well :D Not used that much these days as a first name (tis my dad's middle name :wink: )

I didn't realise Layla had become so popular :shock:
And the boring spelling too! :rotfl:

It's not that bad I guess....only nickname really you can use is Lay'....people often ask you how to spell it but because there's at least 4 different ways they are always nervous they'll put an 'e' in and you wont have one :lol: Most people say it's nice or different (but in an interested way) - although by the sounds of it it's getting quite popular these days :shock:
Get a lot of Eric Clapton jokes as you get older though :wall:
I just shoot most people down :lol: "No I wasn't named after the song, my mum got it from the Persains :talkhand: "

Noor~ul~Usman said:
I knew a boy at high school called Jody but I've never seen another one :think: To be honest I think he was confident enough in himself that it never caused problems.

I quite like Lesley for a boys name as well :D Not used that much these days as a first name (tis my dad's middle name :wink: )

I didn't realise Layla had become so popular :shock:
And the boring spelling too! :rotfl:

It's not that bad I guess....only nickname really you can use is Lay'....people often ask you how to spell it but because there's at least 4 different ways they are always nervous they'll put an 'e' in and you wont have one :lol: Most people say it's nice or different (but in an interested way) - although by the sounds of it it's getting quite popular these days :shock:
Get a lot of Eric Clapton jokes as you get older though :wall:
I just shoot most people down :lol: "No I wasn't named after the song, my mum got it from the Persains :talkhand: "

Im called Lesley so that aint a name we wanna use either :lol: and my OH is Lee so again dont wanna use that even tho I like Leigh for a girl

ive not looked in to the spelling of Layla to be honest just knew that we liked it from b4 babs was a twinkle in his dads eye so to speak! :lol: I dont really want the name to be shorted if possibly as cause im called Lesley I get Les LOADS and hate it! My dad is a mega mega mega eric clapton fan so I know he will love the same :lol:

I went to school with a lad called Jody i think it's 8)

When i was pregnant with Lola we really liked the name Travis for a boy :D

Lola's Mummy said:
I went to school with a lad called Jody i think it's 8)

When i was pregnant with Lola we really liked the name Travis for a boy :D

I loved Travis but i used to look after a handfull called travis so now thats all i think about when i think of the name! :lol:

im liking jody the more and more i say it

LisaJ1986 said:
I like Jodie, but with a 'y'. Layla is lovely.

yeah we are liking them more and more the more we say them... OH decided he liked Danielle today as well so there is another on the list :lol:

i think boys names are harder to pick too, we had loads of girls and found it hard for a boys name.

love layla. :D

i went school with a boy called jody he was in the "cool group!" so he never got teased asuch but i do remember him getting a few comments about it, it didn't bother him though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back