We have been offered a council house *UPDATED*

Well everyone, the 'good' news didnt turn out to be so good after all. :cry:

We got the phonecall on Friday regarding the offer of the council house, NOTHING being mentioned about rent, however we got a confirmation letter on Saturday to confirm the offer and the house they are offering us is TEMPORARY for TWO MONTHS (how ridiculous) and is £590 pcm!!!!!

If we could afford £590 pcm we would NOT be on the council list, trust me! We would have found ourselves a private rent months ago when we got evicted from our last property. The whole reason we are being housed is because we cannot afford the prices of private renting in this area, the rent they want for the house they have offered us in £65 a month MORE than we were paying before. Its ludricrous.

And who wants to moving again in 2 MONTHS?? We are happy to stay at mums until we can be offered something permanant rather than moving around all the blimmin time.

We are obviously having to decline the offer. I think the offer has been made to get us out of mums until we can be given something permanant but no way are we going to accept it for the above reasons.
We are going to hang on until we can be offered something permanant and AFFORDABLE, however long that may be, we dont care as long as we get something it doesnt matter.

So we wont be getting our new house for xmas after all, but here's hoping something better and more suitable will be offered to us soon :pray:

Sorry to rant but had to get it off my chest!!

I know Ebony!!!

Called them up today and gave them a telling off :twisted:

They said they are sorry for the 'misunderstanding' and that they 'overlooked' our affordability issue :roll: Er thats like one of the main issues in our case :doh:

They also said they are going to withdraw our nomination for that property and put us back at the top of the list, and will let us know asap when something suitable next comes up and so they should.

Im pleased they have admitted it was their error, I didnt wanna have to appeal as that would have been mega stressful.

Onwards and upwards as they say! :)

Awwww hun, I know how much you were looking forward to being in a new house by Christmas :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back