Water/fluid retention?

BroodyBean

Reaction score
I'm sure i'm not the only one but just wanted to check, does anyone still fairly early (i'm just over the 6 week mark) pg have a bit of a tum??
Just to paint a little picture....I'm a 'petite' person, 5 foot 1, weigh about 7 3/4 stones and am a size 8, tiny top half and a bit of a rounded bum but have always had a flat stomach! Since i have been pg i've got a tum on me, prob more noticable as its normally flat as a pancake, but I cant 'hold it in' even, i think its fluid retention as i know its obviously not a bump yet....then my mum panicked me saying ooh you need to watch out for holding fluid round your middle etc so just wanted to post something & see what y'all think??! :think: :)
Looking forward to your repliies xxx

A bit of a sensitive question but are you constipated?! That can cause your tummy to look bloated esp if you've got lots of trapped wind. It could just be that.

:) to be honest i'm not, i'm slightly - only slightly - the other way, but i have noticed i maybe dont go as often as normal so maybe thats what it is!?
Thanks HannahD!!
xx

wondering the same hun...only my tummy feels huge! I was wondering if I am eating too much. I just feel really heavy. ( see my other post) I am an average size twelve, but cannot fit into any size twelves anymore and I just feel full up all the time. even hours after I eat. makes u wonder how we will feel at 9 months!! :talkhand:

Geeez I thought I was just getting fat, even though I haven't realy been eating because I feel so icky and tired!!

I put my work trousers on this morning and I could not do them up. This is my 6th pregnancy and will be my 3rd child if all goes well....I too have tried to suck it in, but cannot. I had to do the trick with a hair bobble to do my trousers up!!!

Actually when I had my scan, the sonographer said that my bladder was not at all full and she could still get a fantastic picture. She thought my womb was high???? :? :? :?

Just go with it I reckon! :) :) :)

i am SO bloated! i'm only 5'4" too, usually just over 7 stone, but i think i'm nearing 8, and its all belly! and ass! i look like someone's stuck bicycle pumps in my bellybutton and asshole and pumped them both up! :lol: i am a sucker for water retention, alas! will take a piccy tomorrow (cba right now hehe) and show y'all how massively preg i already look!

Yes, me too. I've just posted a pic on the tummy pics thread taken yesterday, and I look at least 5 months pregnant. My tummy feels quite hard too, not squishy like normal bulge would be. Not sure how I'm going to hide this until after my scan on 17 March!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back