washing disaster!!

beanie

Reaction score
I have just gone to get a load of clothes out of the tumble dryer and they are covered in reddy orange spoldges. A bit of detective work later and the culprit was a wax crayon in the pocket of Cally's dungerees (OH put it in there for some reason). I am devastated, there were some really lovely clothes in that load, Cally's new cut for cloth dungerees, both her and Seren's no added sugar tops, Seren's new clothes from Next, all my jeans, my fave Roxy top - why couldn't it have happened in the earlier load that was full of the girls play clothes and OH's work clothes.

I have put them back onto wash but not feeling great about the chances of it coming out. Does anyone have any tips :(

:( that really sucks. I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I hope you find a way to get those stains out.

:( Oh no that's awful :(
I really hope you manage to get it off :hug:

Oh no what a nightmare :?

Wash things as hot as you can I would, with tons of powder.
Oh and Pete a kick up the arse from me LOL

oh no :(

it's so hard checking all the pockets :(

hope it comes out :hug:

I am pretty good at checking pockets but I just didn't think I would need to check a 11 month olds :rotfl:

I have washed it all again twice and the majority has come out but there is still a fair bit on them :( Am going to try the WD40 and then just keep washing them. Thankfully it has come out of the more expensive and newer bits.

Thanks for the ideas, the tie dye one isn't really me though sorry lol, I am a hippy at heart but not on the outside :lol:

no its gone into the clothes :(

cheers for that Urchin

mmmmmm......now, i think.......you need to get some brown paper and put the paper over the crayon and iron it and it *should* stick to the paper and come off the clothes

maybe try googling ironing crayons!!

i don't know if i would be brave enough to try it, personally i would try that before wd 40 as i am sure oily stuff would ruin them even more

hth
kaz x

found this, they are talking about carpets though but the same principle applies

One thing that works for clothes, and possibly for carpets, is to put down a paper towel and iron it on top of the wax spot. Heat melts wax and capillary action draws it up into paper towel. Low heat is all you need. good luck

and

I've had success with removing candle wax from carpet and tablecloths by using a warm iron with a piece of paper towel between iron and wax. break off as much of the wax as you can with a butter knife and vacuum. then use iron (medium heat?) with a paper towel in between to slowly melt and lift wax - wax will stick to paper towel. If there is a lot of wax, it may take a while and a few sheets of paper towels

and
As the daughter of a parish priest I have spent extensive periods of my childhood getting wax out of carpets! The best (and gentlest) method we found was using a warm iron and brown (parcel) paper. Heat the iron on its lowest setting, unplug and allow to cool, then cover the wax with the paper and iron over it briefly. The wax should melt a little and transfer to the paper like a grease spot. Repeat with a new patch of paper until nothing more transfers. You may be left with a greasy residue on the carpet but that comes out with carpet cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back