Very depressed about hair :((

ISH

Reaction score
I've always had problems with my hair, and I stopped using the topical solution I was on when I got pregnant, so now I'm losing quite a bit of hair, and I'm terrified it'll get a lot worse after the baby comes. You always hear people complaining about their hair falling out after giving birth, and I really can't afford that, or I'll be bald!

Just VERY depressed about the whole situation...

mine was falling out but its slowed right down now, maybe yours will too hun? also i dont think everyone loses their hair afterwards :hugs: xx

Mine hasn't fallen out, thankfully. I hope it doesn't though as my hair is thin enough as it is! My hair just gets greasy really quickly nowadays :/ x

It's so strange how it affects everyone so differently. My hair is thin normally but has really thickened up in tri3. I do share your concerns about after the baby is born, any hair loss would be a disaster :(
Just going to use good shampoo and hope for the best :eh: x

I can understand why you're worried about your hair ISH :( have you tried brushing it less?

Ive always had thinner hair but now my hair is a complete boff and doesnt get greasy as quick which in turn has left my scalp drying out more and leaving me with the urge to scratch constantly :(. The hair looks nice but my scalp is another story :(!

Awwww I'm sorry Ish - any suggestions from the midwife. I know some people have their hair fall out after pregnancy but apparently that is only if you have stopped shedding much hair during pregnancy - so actually it's not loss you wouldn't normally have it's just built up iykwim. I'm sure it'll be better than you think after

Had a massive cry about it last night, I suppose it was overdue, as I've been too busy with work to be hormonal.

I did a book shopping spree and felt a lot better afterwards!!

sorry about dat ish. :hugs::hugs::hugs: i'm sure it will stop once LO comes.

People normally only lose hair after birth as its the excess hair that you gain during pregnancy so i would think if your hair hasnt got thicker you wouldnt lose it after x

That sounds very reassuring :D Because, if this continues, I will lose all of it!

I agree with what nikki said.

My hair's thickened up quite a bit during pregnancy so i reckon i will be in for lots of loss afterwards. I feel ur concerns too hun :hugs:I use a really good, high protien shampoo, conditioner and treatments anyway so at least any hair that does remain will be strong and in good condition! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back