• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

URGENT HELP please

beth3735

Reaction score
Hi i know its off topic but 1-5 year forum is dead and i would like a bit of advice please

My little Girl is in bed crying and sounds like she is unable to breathe. She was 2 in April, I have brought my girls down to my parents to look after my parents dog. Im not sure if the dog licking my girls fingers/face while i try to stop it could have anything to do with my little girl. She is coughing and when she does she sounds really horsey and like its hard to breathe back in. She starts crying as if coughing hurts her. Im not sure if its the dog, or if its something else Im so upset i hate seeing my little girls not well.

I am such a paranoid mum and keep checking her as i think she will stop breathing. I dont know whether to get her checked or see how she gets on

Would you get both girls out of bed to take down drs?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hi hun,

sorry to hear she isnt well, does she have asthma or anything thing like that? At her age many allergies do develop and has she been around your parents dog for long periods before?

I would monitior her, for a bit and if it gets any worse or gets any other symptoms they take her to get checked out.

Also i would phone nhs direct or look on their website they are so good and so helpful.

Hope she is ok :hug: :hug:

you have a shower? put the shower on in the bathroom make it really steamy.. and put her in there it should help her breath.. if its a barky cough and she has a runny nose it could be croup.. my little girl has it at the moment.. its because the weather is so freaky.. if it doesnt halp and she has a temperature get her off the the emergency doctore.. dose with calpol and ibuprofen for children xx hope this helps

I thought about asthma The longest she has stayed near the dog is 3 nights, But this time she has been all over him due to her age. He is a playful dog and loves her back.
What you say about the croup sounds like it too, She had a cold yesterday now just the really noisey cough with a runny nose. Its croup dangerous? Is it cured with calpol?

Thanks for all your replies

Thank you all so much for your help. She has fallen asleep but coughing waking her. Im hoping she can sleep for the night and i will take her temp tomorrow.
Just going to have a look on the link you both gave me.

no calpol wont cure it.. getting her into a steamed room eases the breathing.. what croup is .. is the runny nose dripping down the back of the throat and irritating the lining of the throat making them have a barking cough..i dont know y steam helps but it really really does.. when shes asleep prop her up on pillows so shes sort of sittign up and keep the room well ventilated.. i know it sounds stupid.. but leaving the window open actually helps charlotte much more in the night.. whatever u do dont put her in a hot stuffy room.. leave the heating off.. warm dry air makes it a million times worse..good luck..

I had croup as a kid every year from the age of 5 through to 10 or 11. My Mum got some sort of incense burner thing for me which eased my breathing sufficiently to allow me to sleep. I remember the outside of it being metal, but I can't recall anything else, I'm sorry.

I personally would phone NHS direct and get medical advice.

just wonderign how your little one is? i think what ally must have had is a humidifyer of some kind.. we are gonang et one for the winter as charlotte gets it 203 times a year.. :).. i blame central ehating

Nhs Direct last night also said croup and because she was asleep to just check and if her breathing got any worse take her in, She managed the night even with the crying because of coughing. I went to see a pharmacy today and he said it sounds like an allergy and to take her to the dr tomorrow if she isnt any better. I think when they are babies its hard to diagnose things over the counter. So im def taking her tomorrow to see my parents dr. She does seem fine in herself today, she is at the mo munching pringles :rotfl: Its just the coughing that must hurt her and make her cry
I will let you know what dr says tomorrow.
xx

good luck for tommorrow hun, hope all goes well at the docs and hope that she feels better soon hun :hug: :hug:

bless.. my mum rang me this morning and said charl had a terrible night with them.. she was chocking on her runny nose.. i hate it.. but drs say theres nothing they can do for her..

i ment to say get her some pirotyn anti allergy meds... its brilliant i use it alot with charlotte and it seems to do the trick if she has a bit of hayfever or anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back