understanding the word no

Gruntie2

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone is having as much trouble as we are getting porscia to understand the word no..when we say it to her she smiles...if she is doing something wrong like banging onthe tv screen..i will go up...pull her away and say no... she just laughs and goes back to banging on the tv again.. she thinks it is a game... any ideas on how i can get her to understand..

James has understood no for a while, but doesn't always listen. I just make sure my tone when I use no is very different to my normal one. I say it at the same time as shaking my head and try really hard not to smile when I say it! Often, he'll stop but sometimes he'll just turn round and smile. If he keeps doing it, I move him from whatever it is that I don't want him to touch and distract him with something else. it's a hard one as I don't want to be saying it all the time, but equally he needs to know that mummy and daddy have their toys too and they're not for James!

I'd say use it little, and have a harsh tone about it. And if it takes 10, 20 times to pick her up and move her/ignore her/remove offending items, then so be it... Ryan laughs about it too sometimes even though he is damn sure what no means, hes just trying his luck. So if no doesnt work on its own, accompany it with an action that means no. If you know what I mean? :)

lisa282 said:
As annoying as it is, the real trick is just repetition, repetition, repetition!! x :hug:

Ditto. And also change your voice and make it really scary. I use very deep but calm voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back