Unboiled Tap Water

littlebump

Reaction score
Hello all!

How old can you start giving your children unboiled tap water to drink.

Also can you ever make formula milk up with unboiled tap water or must it always be boiled?

Just thought I'd ask as Maddie is 1 now and I am still giving her boiled water!

LBxx

I stopped boiling Brody's water when he was about 8 months.

No, you don't need to boil it to make up formula. :)

i still only used boiled water for formula. but Harley now and then will have tap water with some juice :)

I still boil water for Jack out of habit for his milk, but if i forget i'm not fussed

He has had tap water for a drink for ages now

I thought it was 6 months but could be wrong. we still use boiled for his formula but sometimes use a unboiled if its going with juice & i need it in a hurry!

Really? I still boil all Rebecca's water, including the water I put in juice ( I let it cool first obviously). What a monkey I am. :wall:

Altho i am sure the water I get in my tap tastes funny, I dont drink it :puke:

I started using tap water for Lydia - for both her drink AND her formula - when she was 6 months old.

Hi

Here my nurse said at 6 montsh babies can have un boiled water
Katrina

Thanks for your replies ladies. I think I've been a little over-cautious then. I think I'll give her tap water for drinks and probably continue to boil as long as she's on formula though I'll probably move her onto cow's milk soon as I'm sure she can have that as a drink after 1 year (????? - I really must get to see the HV more often!)

LBxx

littlebump said:
Thanks for your replies ladies. I think I've been a little over-cautious then. I think I'll give her tap water for drinks and probably continue to boil as long as she's on formula though I'll probably move her onto cow's milk soon as I'm sure she can have that as a drink after 1 year (????? - I really must get to see the HV more often!)

LBxx
yeah they can have full fat cows milk from one year old, it needs to be full fat though not skimmed or semi skimmed.

I think it also totally would depend on where you live and what the water quality is like. Apparently the water is really good in the Midlands, but if you lived in London I'd be more strict about boiling it for longer.

K X said:
Really? I still boil all Rebecca's water, including the water I put in juice ( I let it cool first obviously). What a monkey I am. :wall:

Altho i am sure the water I get in my tap tastes funny, I dont drink it :puke:
My tap water in minging too, i use a Brita water filter and keep it in the fridge! Jaycee has it with juice and i drink it too (id never drink my tap water!)
I think ur supposed to always boil the formula water first... im not sure.. its supposed to be warm so it mixes properly i think.. :think:
Jaycee went off milk at 1 so we gave her cows milk from then on. Not worth getting tins for her to go off it for a week then ask for it again. Wastes tins of formula!
Its ok to give bubs cows milk after 1 year, but not before.

littlebump said:

LBxx
LOL silly me didnt read this b4 i replied! :doh: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back