TYPICAL!!!!

lozzi

Reaction score
Just been gettin my stuff together to tax my car, and had a look when my MOT runs out and it runs out ON my due date...

TYPICAL!!!

anyone know how far before its due i can have the mot done?[/quote]

i think the MOT can be done any time in the month before it expires without losing any time on the new certificate. :D

edit: I got this quote from the actual VOSA website:

An MOT can be carried out at any time.

If the vehicle is presented for test within the calendar month prior to the date that the MOT is due, the test certificate will run from the date of the test to one year after the expiry date of the current certificate (e.g. if the current certificate was due to expire on 1/4/03, and the vehicle was presented on or after 2/3/03, the certificate would run from the test date until 1/4/04). To have this extension, the vehicle owner should present their old certificate to the Test Station to verify that the extra time is applicable. The tester would then write the serial number of the old certificate in the appropriate section of the new certificate.

The same rule would also apply if the vehicle was taken in within a calendar month of its first MOT. In this case, the vehicle owner would need to present their registration document and the serial number from this document will be entered in the "last certificate serial number" box on the MOT.

If the vehicle is tested earlier than one month before its due date, the MOT will only run for twelve months.

My OH had his MOT done a week before it actually run out, and previous to that i think he has had it done after its run out before as well

Princess_Puddles said:
My OH had his MOT done a week before it actually run out, and previous to that i think he has had it done after its run out before as well

You cant have them done after anymore though, as there all digital online so there watching you lol

I got my tax today and got it online - easiest thing ever, it checked for my MOT (through the new digital database) checked an insurance DB to check my names insured on my car, then I paid and it will come in the post in a few days. Well saves messing about with finding insurance notes etc

jennywren said:
Princess_Puddles said:

You cant have them done after anymore though, as there all digital online so there watching you lol

Oh right :think: thats a bit of a bummer..makes sense though, just shows what i know about cars lol :lol:

jennywren said:
Princess_Puddles said:

I got my tax today and got it online - easiest thing ever, it checked for my MOT (through the new digital database) checked an insurance DB to check my names insured on my car, then I paid and it will come in the post in a few days. Well saves messing about with finding insurance notes etc

MOT on our Cossie ran out last week and its booked in for monday, it doesnt matter if it runs out as long as the car isnt in use, if your caught driving without mot and you can prove your booked in for it on same day then you wont be fined

and you can apply for a new mot anything upto 28 days before the current mot expires.....

im a girl racer lol :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back