• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC a particular gender?

little*red

Reaction score
hey
I didnt know where to post this as its a question for those who are TTC, pregnant and mummys.
Has anyone tried and sort of techniques to try and conceive a particular gender?
As we've already got a beautiful baby daughter, we are hoping we have a boy next time around. Obviusly we want a healthy baby first and foremost but a boy would be the desired sex.

Ive read about the shettles method which says that the timing of intercourse around ovulation and the deepness of penetration determine the sex of the baby.

Also the chinese birth chart, which states the mothers lunar age and month of conception determine the babys sex.

has anyone tried these methods or has anyone else tried another method which they think has worked? :D

Hey honey,

I remember reading in Dr Miriam Stopard's book that one theory (and she stresses that word) is to have intercourse before ov for a girl and after for a boy. She explains the scientific reasoning for it in her book, you'd have to look because I can't quite remember the finer technical points. :D
M
x

blimey hun you already thinking of more babies :wink:

They say if you want a girl have sex 2-3 days before ovulation as girl sperm swim slower but live longer than boy sperm.

For a boy they say have sex on the day of ovulation or the day after as boy sperm swim faster but die quicker than girl sperm.

I had sex the day of ovuation (didn't do it any other time that month) and had a boy.

Hope that helps.

xx

To be honest, i dont believe in anything like this
I think its just chance on what gender your baby is :D

When you start TTC again i'll pray you have a little boy :pray:

:hug:

i dint believe any of it.
i heard jorden was trying every thing to have a little girl but its another boy

foxymum said:
blimey hun you already thinking of more babies :wink:

lol yeah i know i must be mad! And to think the day after i had Evie i could have swore blind i would never have kids again! mother nature is a funny thing eh?
The reason we are talking about kids so soon is that my hubby is 34 this year and he really wants a boy before he gets what he classes as 'too old', im not too bother though ive always wanted to have all my kids at a fairly young age. :D

go for it little*red. its great having them close, but dont get your heart set on a boy you could end up having 5 children trying for a boy. my friend is 31 and has 8 girls to 5 different men too :shock:
as they do say men determin the sex dont they??

yeah men determine the sex - Me and DF's mum was on about this the other week as she thinks we will probably have a boy as its males that run his DF's dads family BUT both his dads brothers died before they had kids so we dont know, they could have gone on to have girls!!

tbh i dont think there is anything you can do to try to make it happen.

but good luck TTC again hun

i cant believe your thinking of another baby already - you must be mad!!! :wink: :lol:

lol we are opposites hun i would like a little girl next so i have one of each but obviouslt as youve said health is of most importance. mind you i would also love a little boy as having my two little men would be lovely. but when you do start ttc again then ill be routing for you to get a boy (boys are great by the way) :hug:

Ive read the shettles method too. We're looking to be trying again very soon too, was going to start a thread about having kids close together and how on earth you cope!

i would love another one fairly soon but i would want it to be a girl so Jam could look after her when they went out!
if any of the methods actually do work i would love to know!!

mummykay said:
i would love another one fairly soon but i would want it to be a girl so Jam could look after her when they went out!
if any of the methods actually do work i would love to know!!

ohhh might we be seeing you in TTC then soon hun?? :wave: :D

I'd love to be able to plan my family! Ideally I'd have another boy next then 2 girls. I think we're planning to start TTC #2 in December.

I've heard of the shettles method and also looked at chinese gender charts. But TBH whats the mothers age and month she conceived in got to do with the sex of a baby? I thought it was the sperm that determines that, so if anyhting it should be the fathers age at time of conception :think:

I'd love a girl BTW LOL. But really, any will do as long as it's healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back