to early for solids???

claire893

Reaction score
my little boy (well not so little) is 11 weeks old and weighs 16 and half pounds, is this ok? im really worried.He weighed 7lb 110z when born.
Hes not chubby, but hes VERY long.At 7 weeks he was measured, and was 2 foot long!! Obviously takes after his dad whos 6ft 2!
He has 7oz, and wants it every 3 hours in the day, and at every feed you would think he hadnt been fed in days the way he guzzles it and gets in a temper if you take it off him. Im just wondering if its to early to give him baby rice once a day? He watches us constantly when we eat, and is always trying to fit both his fists in his mouth at the same time (quite amusing to watch!)
Everyone keeps comenting on how big he is, and saying he will probably want solids soon.I dont know what to do, any advice would be appreciated
x x x

Hunny, have a read of my thread here

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=32227

Eefie is 7 weeks and now 13lb 4oz (Was 7lb 15oz born) and HV is ok with me giving baby rice. He's having 2 little spoonsful twice a day, OK I give im about 10 each time but he gets about 2 in his mouth :lol:
She suggested baby porridge as its more filling. We're planning on just baby rice till he gets used to the texture and a little older before introducing more foods. Discuss it with you HV, mine said it was ok and she would have done it too :)

thaks for your quick reply.
Has it made a difference with Ethan? or is it to early to tell?
Im seeing my HV tomorrow so im going to see what she says, but to be honest she does eveything by the book so will probably tell me to wait. My mum gave all us baby rice at 11 weeks, and never did us any harm, and my MIL gave hers at 9weeks. Im just worried i might upset his belly. Everyone keeps saying its a growth spurt, but hes been like it since he was born!
Hes got to slow down sometime otherwise he will be 10ft tall and weighing 50 stone :rotfl:
thanks for your help
x x x

After 2 weeks of screaming he's very content and slept from 8.30-5.30 this morning. Soo far so good :)

He was like yours, wants feeding every 3 hours or less, stuffing his hands in his mouth and screaming constantly till he was fed. I was completely frazzled. Today he's all smiles and gurgles, even shouting A at his toys :lol:

Hiya

I had it confirmed my COnals consultant it was ok to give him a rusk at 13 weeks 1 correceted but he was getter shorter times between each bottle so i knew that he was hungry and i had already out him on to hungry baby milk, my HV actually told me off until i told her his consultant had it was ok and it really helped him settle at night as well and now i have just started him on a dinner as again he was getting shorter times between bottles i just think different babies want food at different times

Heather

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back