• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To dye or not to dye...

EmiLou123

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I stupidly coloured my brown hair blonde prior to falling pregnant, I now have the dreaded grow out... I'm 6 weeks and was wondering if I could use a semi permenant colour to ditch the blonde? I care about my pregnancy more than I care about my looks but I don't want to start looking trampy :-/

I have googled this but the answers were fairly inconclusive... Thoughts?

Xxx

Dying your hair won't harm baby, the only problem you may face is that your hair may not take to the colour the same way ie not the colour you want usually in first and third trimesters. If you are going back to brown from blonde I would use a colour that has a bit of red in it or dye it red first then brown ad your hair may have a green tinge to it
Other wise! X

Goshhh... I dont want to go green! Luckily my hair isn't white blonde so should cover okay. Thank you for your advice :) x

Hi all :wave:

I stupidly coloured my brown hair blonde prior to falling pregnant, I now have the dreaded grow out... I'm 6 weeks and was wondering if I could use a semi permenant colour to ditch the blonde? I care about my pregnancy more than I care about my looks but I don't want to start looking trampy :-/

I have googled this but the answers were fairly inconclusive... Thoughts?

Xxx

I thought dying your hair would harm the baby, ive heard that countless times - if this is true then i wouldnt dye it just keep it clean and styled - if youve a huge bump people will know why you have roots!
I have roots too but as mine are highlights they dont look so obvious!

Guess I'll just have to cope until I'm out the first tri, my hair won't grow thaaat much over the next 6 weeks right? Lol x

I get mine highlighted regularly. I just waited until I was past the first tri and then went and got it done again. My hairdresser said its more to do with how your hair reacts to the dye when you're pregnant (hormones) but she also said highlights were better as the dye doesn't actually touch your skin either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back