to all those heavily pregnant ladies........a quick question

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
I know they say you can get back ache through pregnancy but can it be a sign of labour coming. i keep getting a really bad back up my left hand side and it is so uncomfortable i have to get on all fours. been like that the last week.
And also why do people say you are to term at 37 weeks........thats always puzzled me???

You are to term because if baby was born, it wouldnt be classed as premature anymore.

Backache can be a sign of labour, but it may be your increasing bump putting strain on it :hug:

When I had backache in labour, it was across the lower back like hip area!
I hope it eases for you though hun!(if its not a sign of labour) Backaches not nice! :hug: :hug: :hug:
When you reach 37 weeks your classed as full term as baby is basically ready to be born! Though most pregnancies go to around 40 weeks! :hug:

To be honest I had back ache, pelvic aches and sore boobs constantly for about 4 weeks before going into labour :evil:
They actually eased off around 48hrs before I started having contractions but was replaced by tummy ache :roll:
I went into spontanious labour though, whole thing was just under 3hrs...contractions and pains with no messing around :roll: so I'm not sure what it's like for ladies who are in labour longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back