TMI warning - Discharge and Constipation

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi girls,

As the title :blush: i have been getting two problems right through since my bfp.

the first is the most confusing. i have had constant discharge and its a weird colour! it's a sort of 'sandy beige' colour :shock: its there everyday, sometimes as little as an hour after a shower and new knickers? does anyone else get this? there is no blood and its not brown, very confusing!?

Secondly, i am really suffering from constipation, its annoying because when i eventually do want to go i get a tummy ache and start worrying about the 'pains' :roll:

anyone else suffering with either of these? xx

all normal, we get increased discharge in pregnancy its the bodies way of keeping things clean etc but mi/w like to now if it goes a funny color or smells as we are very prone to small infections

constipation well ive had that too, stomach muscles go very soft in pregnancy so we cant go easily it can be quite painful try asking your m/w if there are anythings to take to help relieve it, one of them is liqourice but dont take too much as you dont want to give yourself diarrhoea

Hi Princess,

I too have been having these problems.
Sometimes the discharge is as described and other times its just really watery but I'm not worrying unless its brown to be fair. There must be so much going on up there that its just preparing for the future months I suppose.
As for constipation I've tried eating lots of grapes and high fibre cereals........but I've still ended up with piles (TMI sorry)
The glamorous life of a pregnant woman!!!

I am getting both of these things too :oooo: I though that the increase in discharge was due to the plug forming?? xx

Oh and as for constipation drink plenty of water, it's the best thing for it x

All normal !! suffering to hunni !!! welcome to the joys of pregnancy !!! lol:hugs:

I've not been getting the discharge but feel for you with the constipation! It's driving me insane! And I know it sounds silly and way tmi but I get worried about trying to hard in case anything happens to the baby! That probably isn't helping much! I've been eating plenty of fibre and dried dates. Xx

thanks ladies, good to know its 'normal'! princess, you are right, i need to drink more water, i have been doing it but not enough.

natc - totally get the 'don't want to push to hard' line of thinking, what are we like?! xx

What a glamourous time of things we are having ladies! :)

Still, we wouldn't have it any other way :)

i've been having this since my bfp as well, deffo drink plenty water, and as roxane said if it smells or anything i would maybe give the midwife a phone. I had a urine infection back in January and had to take a week of anti biotics. It's best to keep an eye on things :).

and i know what you mean about pushing too hard haha, i'm like this too! Again drink plenty water, but if you get serious pains, maybe the doctor/mw can give you something to ease things along.

Think i've said it before but "ah the joys of pregnancy" :) least its all worth it in the end! xxx

I've been eating lots of fruit and a hot drink like green tea often gets me going! Discharge is a right pain esp when you think you won't need any panty liners for months! It used to freak me out thinking it was bleeding so was constantly on knicker watch but I've relaxed with that know I know what it is!

Ive had watery discharge but thats it and was early on. Ive had no constipation but I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the pain of wind is horrid. I eat lots of fruit, drink plenty of water and peppermint tea is great for bowels and tummy aches :) X

Cherry I have ibs too but pregnancy seems to help it :-/

ooh does it Princess? Wow mines been awful and I havent suffered for so long. Maybe its because Im eating more crap now LOL

I have had constipation and the 'other'! I had my gallbladder removed last year, and really suffered the side affects for months, so just hope it all stays fairly normal!!!
Oh the joys!!! :)

Yup, I'm constipated too and terrified that if i 'push' too much the baby will catapult out! Or at least detach from where its meant to be and end up in my bladder or something.

But I've always had constipation, I dont drink enough water. The problem is that i have actually been trying to drink loads of water and end up peeing every half an hour! Where does it all come from? One glass of water and i pee enough to fill a barrel! So i recommend eating lots of fruit instead :)

Star I am peeing like a racehorce too, but I am scared of the constipation cos of the pushing so I brave the peeing so I can poo :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back