Time off for antenatal appointments

frances2009

Reaction score
What are you girls doing about going to antenatal appointments? I have been trying to get appointments first thing in the morning and then going straight to work afterwards.

This time I have one at 2pm, which will probably take an hour or so (hospital normally very busy) and then it takes 45 mins to get back to work.

I finish at 5.30pm so probably won't get back until 4pm so leaves me with 1.5 hours of work before leaving again to go home (which is near the hospital!)

Are you bothering to go back to work/make up time after appointments?

Doesn't really seem worth going back but then still 1.5 hours of work I can get done I suppose...

I have been making mine at 9am and then going into work. My boss is very accomodating tho xx

I'm in the same boat hun. I've got loads of extra appointments, midwife, anaesthetist, growth scans, consultants and now the actual ante-natal classes - it feels like I'm never in work!

I've been trying my hardest to get as many appointments outside of work time but it just can't be done. I've explained all this to work and they thanked me for trying but told me not to worry. They've got to legally let you go to these so you shouldn't worry about making the time up. I get back from some appointments and I've only got 45 minutes left of actual work time but there's not a lot I can do...

Just enjoy the freedom and concentrate on the little babs xxx

could you take some work home and ask your boss if you could do that, to reduce the travel time? They have to let you have time off for appointments so dont worry about it.

I am worried about these aswell as i work 8.30-5pm mon-fri and have had big problems getting appointments to suit me!! I booked the afternoon off as annual leave for my first scan as i didn't want to go back to work!!

I see the widwife on Tuesday at 3pm so am leaving work at 2.30 and afterwards it will be pointless going back to work as by the time i get back it will be about 4.45!!
But the hospital appointment i have to go between 9-12 so am going for 9am and then get OH to drop me to work so should be there by 10am!!

I think as long as youre making an effort to time appointments with the minimal disruption to your working day, your management can only be grateful for that. They have no right to stop you going, and if they give you grief about it, technically, its gender discrimination, so most smart bosses wouldnt dare try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back