Thyroid issues, hashimoto

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone had experience in thyroid issues (Im sure someones ticker says they have hashimoto)

My day 3 bloods came back with high tsh and thyroid antibodies so it appears I have an immune disorder (hashimoto) and will need to be on meds to sort the thyroid. I know this doesn't sort the immune disorder though so freaking myself out that the antibodies will be attacking any potential embryos as well as my thyroid and could I have more natural killer cells beings I have an immune disorder??

My antibodies weren't too high and tsh was 5.06 which they said was just above normal. GP said if I wasn't ttc she would leave me off meds and retest in 6 months but as it could be another factor affecting fertility they want to normalise it. Thing is their normal is 4.5 and I've read for pregnant should be between one or 2!!!
I will say google is the bloody devil and I should stop driving myself mad with it.

Anyway if you ladies have any advice on thyroid would be appreciated. I'd love it if once my tsh is normal I get my bfp. Xx

Hi hun,

i cant give you any help im afraid but i didnt want you to feel like you were being ignored

xxx

I'm don't know how it links to thyroid issues but when i had my immune bloodwork done there seemed to be different types... plus i have above normal NK cells and my thyroid is fine so they don't necessarily correlate :)

So there isn't really any point in worrying about your embryos just yet ;)

I am a little confused because it seems that thyroid medication is for life, so your GP saying that they'd only put you on them while ttc isn't very good :eh: An underactive thyroid can cause more issues than just infertility xx

Thanks Lou - you are like the font of all knowledge :) how did you find out about the nk cells??

Ahh I didn't explain myself too well - I will be on the meds for life as my body will keep attacking the thyroid but my levels weren't too bad at the moment do she said if I wasn't ttc she would of held off on the meds for now until it maybe got worse or stayed the same but as I'm trying the thyroid not being quite normal could be one factor affecting me.

Will try not to worry about embryos ha ha. ;)

Have you any idea what tsh level is optimum? I thought between one and 2 but go considers 4 normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back