Thrashing about...

Teej

Reaction score
Do the other babies do this?
Sam spends half his night just thrashing about in his cot, arms and legs in the air and thumping down on the mattress! I'm constantly up to him popping a hand on his tummy to settle him to stillness again which last a maximum of half an hour, he seems to be doing it in his sleep but if i leave him to it he soon wakes himself up. He sleeps in a grobag so not kicking covers off or anything and i did try swaddling but it didn't work (even with the 'miracle blanket' haha) and he's too big for that now anyway. Feeding wise he'll go through from a dreamfeed at 11 to 5am now without a feed but i'm still up all hours stopping him thrashing :wall:
is this normal? i really really really really need more sleep!!!!!!!!!!!

Calleigh thrashes around in her cot thumping the mattress too.
I leave her too it if i know she is full of milk and has a dry bum. If it continues for ages i usually have a quick nosy at her nappy and offer her boob if she is awake and thats does the trick.

Cooper does this too :wall: we co-sleep so he wakes me up all the time! Funny as he doesn't do it during day.

Galen did this at night up till a few weeks ago. Then his gut matured and all his wind problems eased and only occasionally does he thrash around a lot in his cot. His problem was wind I worked out. The legs lifting and so on and the grunting. He was trying to get it all out while in his sleep. Once he farted he was fine and settled well.

Emms does this a lot, it seems to happen from about 5 in the morning. I dont think it's wind with Emms, but just being active in her sleep - partly the reason why she went into her nursery at 3 months :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back