those of you who have had PND...

ToriElla

Reaction score
How did you work through it? Did it just take time or did you find that anything helped to make it better?

I'm so sick of feeling the way I do and I wish I could snap myself out of it but I can't. I feel empty and numb most of the time and I feel like I can't accomplish anything. I feel physically incapable of doing my housework and get a headache and tight chest at the thought of everything I can't keep on top of or do right.

I just want to sleep the day away and play with Eva and nothing else but you can't do that in the real world. I always feel guilty like i'm not doing enough or good enough at anything. It's so frustrating.

My antidepressants aren't helping that much, they stop me from crying but thats about it.

Does anyone have any advice or tips about what I can do to try and get through this? :cry: I hate waking up and feeling like breathing is a chore, I feel guilty for even feeling like that.

Sorry for rambling on!
xx

aww hun. i don't have much advise, as im still suffering. one thing taht i have found has helped me is when i am having a good day, to write it all down. then when im having a naff day i can read it back andknow that it isn't always poop.

also, getting out every day seems to help me. even if it is just a quick walk around the block.

If you ever need a chat, feel free to pm me hun :hug: your not alone and we are all here to help!

aww hun :hug: Im still suffering om afraid - recent events havent helped. But knowing that i have a few great mates who are there for me and knowing that Leah needs me, really helps me.

I know that prob doesnt help, but im here if u ever wanna chat :hug:

oh! instead of thinking about the things you need to do.. think of the things you have done! Its hard, but i try and sit every evening and think of all the things i have managed to do that day, and not think about the mountain of washing that needs doing, the bath could do with a good scrub, etc.

ive pm'd you :hug:

Thanks guys for comments and pms.

I'm going to do what you said and write stuff down. I think I will set little goals for myself each day so I can feel like I've accomplished something. Even if it is something small.

The doctor has given me another 4week sicknote.

Hope you are both feeling better soon too xx

anytime. :hug: if you need us, you know where we are.

its amazing how just writing stuff down lifts a huge weight.

:hug: :hug:

Hi

I felt exactly the same as you are feeling now. Its so horrible. I am taking pills now but they did take a couple of weeks to work and I had to halve the dose and do it slowly. They can make you feel worse before you feel better. I found that breaking the day up helped me. I'd lay in bed and think "right get up and get isaac washed and dressed". Then once that was done I'd think "go and make his breakfast" etc. You get the idea. It made the thought of facing the day less daunting. I felt so bad at one point I couldn't even sit down to feed Isaac because I felt so anxious. I don't get on here much but if you want to pm me feel free, its good to talk to people who know how you feel.

I'm sure you'll feel better soon.

Lou x

Hi

Hun hope you feel better soon its tough when you feel this way :hug: :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members