This is gonna be hard, any advice ?

sooz

Reaction score
i'm 35, been ttc for a year and now under doctor. only a few people know im ttc and the gobby girl who sits next to me unfortunately does cos she overheard me on the fone. she's 25 and keep telling me i "need to get a move on at my age" and "its gonna be a lot easier for me as i'm ten years younger than you" hmmmmmmm. she made it into a personal competition to see who would get pregnant first and she has.
these next 8 months are gonna be hard. any advice girls on how i get through them ? :(

id slap her first then have 8 months of peace lol
na just ignore her if shes so cocky about i9t all she prob wont fall pg anyways
just relax about it hun loads of people in the 30's have babys now i dont think its any harder to fall just more risks involed
manda xx

sooz said:
i'm 35, been ttc for a year and now under doctor. only a few people know im ttc and the gobby girl who sits next to me unfortunately does cos she overheard me on the fone. she's 25 and keep telling me i "need to get a move on at my age" and "its gonna be a lot easier for me as i'm ten years younger than you" hmmmmmmm. she made it into a personal competition to see who would get pregnant first and she has.
these next 8 months are gonna be hard. any advice girls on how i get through them ? :(

what a dozy cow!!

Other than slapping her there's not much you can do. Just try to relax and keep telling yourself that your time will come. 35 is no age these days to be TTC number one. I know plenty of people who have had babies well into their 40's.

She's just a silly bint. You hang in there hun :hug: :hug:

All i can say is ignore her. I think that is really selfish of her especiallya s she knows you are TTC - TTC isn't a game and by the sounds of it this is what she is taking it for.

Try and ignore her (easier said than done i know but please try) Wishing you all the best in your TTc journey and i hope all goes well at the doctors x x x

:wave: ahhh thanks ladies, feel a lot better (and stronger).
went off like tiny tears in the car on the way to work this morning, off to fix my mascara now ha ha.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Ignore her! I'm TTCing at 35 too! There's a few of us thirty-somethings here, we'll show her, don't you worry!

Be strong, think positive, it will happen :)

thanks miffy, went and bought some agnus castus at lunch for me and zinc for oh. every little helps ha ha ha xx

i think id have hit her a long time ago!! i hate people like that!

:hug: hun be strong...dont let her get to you! so what shes pregnant before you? mayb shes not as prepared as you and im sure youl be a better mummy :D ignore her and dont let it get to you...dont let her see thats it getting to you act like you dot care and that will reallly annoy her!! il happily slap her if you lik! lol! pm or email me anytime =]

xxxxxxx :hug: :hug:

Hey hun

Try to ignore your neighbour - or at least go off at her just once and tell her that until she has walked a mile in your shoes to shut her mouth.

We get lots of that here - I have parents in SCHOOL (I'm a local, teaching in a local school),telling me that it's "time for another one now" and "an only child is a lonely child" and all that. I nearly told one woman to mind her own business one day but settled for a soft "gosh privacy seems to be a thing of the past these days" and let her try to talk her way out of it.

And it's not only people who have trouble conceiving who get it! A colleague of mine who has five children has been asked variously, "don't you have a TV in your house?" and "do you not know how things work yet?"

It's all ignorance. Ignore it.

I was lucky enough to fall after two months the first time and that spoiled me I think. I'm finding it difficult this time. I haven't been trying as long as you have, and I applaud your strength and fortitude. I may have low progesterone levels so I'm going to talk to the doctor about it.

You hang in there and we hope you'll get your bfp soon.

Love

Sue

I can only echo what the other girls have said.

I'm in my thirties too and know plenty of friends in their thirties who have conceived.

Hang on in there, stay positive.

ahh thanks again to all.
im gonna "zone out" of her baby chatter and work hard so the days go faster and nearer to the day i get my BFP :D
have an ultrasound app to check dodgy ov / period pains (at 9am on a sunday!! no lie in / bacon butties that day ha ha). then results of progesterone and OH spermies test 2 weeks after so looking forward to them.
take care and lots of babydust to all :wave: xxxxxx

Ignore her the evil witch. If she falls pregnant before you just make comments on how it can't ALL be baby weight. And that she doesn't need to eat for 2 just because she's PG. Harsh I know, but if she's gonna be horrid so can you.

Hope it all goes well for you on Sunday
:hug: :hug:

sooz said:

She sounds like an immature selfish brat! Maybe you should take her aside, congratulate her on her pregnancy but tell her that her words were hurtful and that this is no competition. It's about creating a life, and if she says anything concerning you and your TTCing then you'll report her for harressment! That should shut her up! Stupid cow. God help her child.

Good Lord 35 is sooooooooooooooooo NOT old, who said it was!?!? :shock:
You should wish her well and know your time will come too :hug:
She's obviously pathetic if she decided to get pregnant because you are TTC :shock: You just watch, she'll be coming to you for advice and support before you know it, so she'll be the one feeling upset for the way she's been with you, if she's any ounce of character that is.
Very best wishes TTC, take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

manda224 said:
id slap her first then have 8 months of peace lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: couldn't have put it better myself!! She sounds like a horrible person!!

35 is a completely normal age to be having a baby, she is a daft bint!

Good luck to you sweetie!
M
xxx

I know someone who got pregnant just to spite someone else, and they are now struggling with post natal depression. I believe the reason for the depression is that she had her child for all the wrong reasons, a moments spite has turned into a life long commtiment and she can't cope.

Thanks all :D
Went out last nite, had a good moan to my bud over a few vodka's, had a good bop and feel all rejuvenated and ready for more bm-ing :lol: :lol:
The doc told "pregnant one" to count 14 days after AF appears, minus 5 days and start bm-ing like mad. New one on me, gonna try that this month. Take care all and lots of babydust to you all xx

I am 37 and pregnant. It took about 7 months to fall and I had been on the pill for a few years prior.

Try not to let it all stress you out so much.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back