This is England...

beanie said:
fantastic film, though upsetting at times. I like Shane Meadows's stuff, I can recommend "Dead Man's Shoes" too

Dead Man's Shoes is a brilliant film, one of my favourites. I'd definetly recommend giving it a watch!

Going to watch in a bit, I also loved American history X its one of my favourite films, im a sucker for deep films (unless their are to do with child abuse like sleepers thats a bit much for me :( ) This and American history X just go to show you think you know people but you REALLY don't ;)

Steelgoddess said:
Going to watch in a bit, I also loved American history X its one of my favourite films, im a sucker for deep films (unless their are to do with child abuse like sleepers thats a bit much for me :( ) This and American history X just go to show you think you know people but you REALLY don't ;)

I cannot watch the kerb scene in American History X, and Romper Stomper :( Very powerful films, just shows how destructive ignorance is :(

beanie said:
I cannot watch the kerb scene in American History X

great film, but i've never been able to watch that scene either. the thought of it alone is distressing enough :(

its a good film me and OH watched it at cinema.
Shane meadows is good, dead mans shoes is an ace film, his best i reckon, and a room for romeo brass is also very good.
oh and twentyfourseven aswell with bob hoskins is a gd one of his! i would reccomend them all. x

purple13 said:
beanie said:
I cannot watch the kerb scene in American History X

great film, but i've never been able to watch that scene either. the thought of it alone is distressing enough :(

Oh i agree!! Very hardcore!! I remember watching it in the cinema and thinking omigod!!!

I LOVE Edward norton he's a brilliant actor!!

I saw it when it first came out, really enjoyed it. Didnt think the girl who was his girlfriend was realistic though, dont know anyone in the 80's that age that wopuld go with someone so much younger!

ps it's eligh (sp) dingle not marlon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back