The police have gone mad!

dani_2010

Reaction score
I have just read the most ridiculous thing ever .... the police in Cheshire are planning on posing as burglars in the middle of night to hopefully scare off real burglars!!!!! The police will aim to break in to homes which they think are easy targets and wake up the home owners!!! It's supposed to drive home the safety message!!!

I'm actually gobsmacked! What about the old people who will have heart attacks (if a real burglar causes someone to have a heart attack they can ultimately be charged with murder or manslaughter, so the police should watch out), and the kids who will have nightmares, and the homeowners who will act in self defence and attack the 'burglar' ..... this really hasn't been thought out.

Hope none of you live in East Cheshire as the 'initiative' is being started in Macclesfield!!

I think that's a bit of a strange plan!! Wouldn't be volunteering for that one!!

:rotfl: That's hilarious. And ridiculous! It'll just move the problem elsewhere if it actually does anything. People burgle for a reason, if one property is already "being burgled" they'll just go somewhere else!
Mental!

Why dont they do something productive like dress up as elderly folk then catch the muggers who try to mug them? Ive always thought this is a brilliant idea! Or would that be entrapment? Oh well, still a great idea!

:shock: How on earth did anyone ever think that would be a good idea?! What is the chance of a real burglar coming across one of their fake police ones if that's the idea?! Why not patrol the streets as police to deter them if that's what they're trying to do?

One of our lot actually bumped into a burglar by mistake!! You know when the whole lots gonna go boobs up is when they try to break into some ole farmers house and are faced with a double barrell shotgun.......oopsies.

I'm sure there must be better (and safer ) ways of doing this :rofl:

It can only go 2 ways, the heart attack route or the police are blugeoned :doh:

That sounds alot better, the other way was just suicidal :shock:

I did stroll into a house the other day. Thot it was abandonned, the state of it was so bad thot it was a disused squat. Turns out a family live there including 3 kids. Not impressed!!

i think they would ask the people first and let them no before they smash a window lol coz it still would be classed as breaking and entering with out permission. so for this theyll probs go round and ask people if they want to take part otherwise there will be alot of insurance claims and stuff going about, well i hope the police are sensible and ask permission b4 they do this lol

They aren't going to smash anything, just try a door handle and see if it turns, or push a window and see if it opens.

I love that program where they do things like this lift keys through the letter box and leave notes "I was here" and notes in the car "I could have took you" :lol:

First post didnt sound right lol ...mind tbh if my door knocked early hours whist it was still dark Id wee my pants :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back