the first (formula) feed of the day...?

trixipaws

Reaction score
since i switched waa-waa to formula milk she has stopped waking in the nite for milk :cheer: i only get up once or twice to put her dummy back in, which is a MASSIVE improvement, while i was BFing i was still doing it 4 or 5 times a nite until she was 8 months (when i stopped)

anyway. now she can go from her 6.30pm bedtime bottle until morning (usually 6.45-ish) without anything even water, but first thing in the morning she is understandably ravenous.

i dont hav time to boil kettle and wait to cool so iv been using the emergency ready-made cartons for her morning bottles, which is expensive at 59p a carton!

what do u bottle-feeding mummies do about the first bottle? do u make up the feed before bed? or take a bottle of water to bed and put the powder in first thing (i thought that wouldnt kill the bacteria tho as not hot enough?) or do u just do it the normal way and leave baby crying? or do u get up half an hour before baby to do it? ARGH help lol what do i do?!

I make up the bottle before i o to bed then when he wants it in the morning take a few steps in to my kitchen and heat it up and shove it in her mouth :D we feed her in our bed in the morning.

The milk still tastes fresh too.

I still bf in the morning but when I'm making bottles I sterlise them at night and put boiling water in them. When I'm ready to use I just top up with fresh boiled water to get it to room temperature and add the formula....only takes a minute.

Normally I make up all his bottles for the day and store in fridge but for the morning one I don't, he always has a readymade carton for the morning :)

I do the same as Weenik, fill a bottle upto 140ml with boiling water night before and just top it up in the morning with boiling water and formula, used to do this with all Matildas feeds.

I make Glenns the night before, he has it at about 6.30, snuggled up in our bed.x

Maia isn't ravenous at all in the morning, she just waits until it ready! In fact breakfast is her worst meal of the day!

I fill up all the bottles with boiling water after cleaning and leave on the side to cool until I need them.

If I need an emergency feed then I zap the bottle of water in the microwave for 30 seconds then add the formula. Be very careful about the temperature if you do it that way!

thanku all. last nite and tonite iv made up the bottle b4 bed. cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back