teething question

jennywren

Reaction score
could my little soilder be teething at 8weeks and 2days?

I only ask as the last few days he has been getting a little bit of a temp on and off, he has been quite whingey even though fed/changed/right temp etc which is unlike him, he has started on occasion chewing his dummy on his left side of his mouth, he has started dribbling (not excessivly) and today I put my little finger in his mouth (to clear some sick out he seems to want to save for later the dirty little boy lol) and he was really biting down on it quite hard.

I have had a feel and I dont know if on the whole the gums are hard or soft (I never felt them before so I dont know any difference) but there are no individual hard spots that I can feel and I cant see any colour changes.

Yes he could be teething as some babies get teeth earlier than others. Jake had excessive dribbling and hand chewing at about 3 months but it stopped after a while and his first 2 teeth have just come through at 6 months and 3 weeks old. My cousins baby was born with a tooth. If Oran gets a temperature you can give a 2.5ml spoon of calpol from 2 months old providing that he wasn't premature and weighs over 4kg. If you are worried about him at all just take him to get checked over at the Doctors.

ahhhhhhhh so it could be them just getting ready but they could take months and months to come through!

Ill give him some calpol if he gets bad or a worse temp - thanks hun

My Kate started the dribbling chewing thing at about the same age as Oran. She cut her first tooth at 4 months. Baby Nurofen is excellent but I think they have to be 3 months old to have it, and also you cant give them it too often. Worth bearing in mind for when he is a bit older though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back