Teething Perhaps?

Tasha89

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Need a little help...
I'm not sure if Evelyn's started to teethe?
For the past week or so she's been in a generally bad mood every now and then. I make sure she's in a clean nappy, she refuses the breast and cries like she's in pain (similar to when she has her jabs). I read on the babycentre website that they sometimes grab/rub the ear at the side where the tooth erupts. She's been grabbing her right ear for a good week now. My mum thought she had an ear infection.
She still sleeps through and is happy the majority of the time...
What do you think? Xx

sounds like teething chick ... but they can teeth for months before tooth comes u may go buy a few teethers lol and maybe a bottle of nurofen ;) xx

Thanks :-D I bought her some teething toys yesterday. She chews her fingers and is dribbling a lot. She sometimes bites down on my finger when she's crying too.
Think she's teething just wanted to see what you all thought.
How often should you give them paracetamol? Surely you cant dose them up for months? x

oh Ive been suspecting morgans teething and he grabs his ear too. I hadnt connected them. he had red cheeks and the runs today too. He chewed his fingers last week and made himself cry :cry: teething is horrible isnt it :(

I give him calpol when hes really screaming in pain, like you said, I dont want to dose him up continuously. It seems to come and go in phases which im guessing is when the tooth is moving in short bursts rather than continuously?

Liv just got mega dribbly and grizzly just before bed and then woke a few times during the night and a week later she had her first tooth :( x

well i know lots who do... every four hours but ull find if u nip the pain in the bud at the start im sure u know the pain cries now lol so i usually nip it in the bud as soon as she gets like that then shes not too bad... madisons nearly ten months and im only into my second bottle of nurofen and calpol... :D so i dont overuse but i dont believe in letting a baby be in pain either youll know urself hun when uve given it to her a few times when she really needs it xx

Jamie's currently scouring eBay for an amber necklace! Lol! They're meant to relieve teething pains naturally. There's some for £5 inc postage from the US on eBay. Worth a try I suppose.
Feel so helpless :-( Poor mite xx

Ive looked into getting an amber necklace. Not sure how they work but Ive heard good things abou them. Apparently if your wisdom teeth are coming through it helps for that as well :)

They have certain minerals in which are absorbed into the skin and relieve pain. I got oscars from dino-daisy on fb x

my sil paid like £14 for an amber necklace and she thinks its useless... :) xx

do you chew it?
Hahahaa! :rofl:
Like Amy said, the minerals in the amber are absorbed into the skin and it's said to relieve pain naturally (just by baby wearing it - supervised of course). There's mixed reviews for them but I suppose it's worth a try. X

Last edited:
Teething is horrible isn't it? I must admit I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to amber necklaces although if anyone here has tried it and can give good feedback then I'm open to suggestions!

I think Cahal has started teething, he's not sleeping, his cheeks are rosy (he's normally very pale, looks like Caspar lol!), he's dribbling a LOT and has started doing milky burps after each feed - something he's never done before. He's also irritable a lot of the time which is unlike him too. Everything is going in his mouth too (except the teethers I've bought him....typical eh?!)

Poor little mite, I hope it doesn't go on for too long :(

Aww :-( Poor Cahal!
I've heard very mixed views on Amber. 50/50 almost i'd say.
I only paid a fiver for one off eBay so if it doesn't work i've not broken the bank.
She's been a little better today. Took her to the docs to make sure she wasn't rubbing her ear because she had an infection but the doc was useless so i'm still none the wiser as to whether or not she's teething. She's not got an infection though. X

:( I know how you're feeling hun, Amelia's been teething for about 2 and half months now and still no teeth :( It's awful seeing them in pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back