• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething pain?

Hellokitty

Reaction score
Today Maia screamed and screamed. She wouldn't eat like she normally does.

At lunch she refused the breast and then only had an ounce and a half of formula, then later she only took 2 and a half ounces (she normally has 5 - 6).

Her temperature was mildy raised, so we gave her some calpol, after about 20 minutes she took another 2 ounces of formula and went off to sleep.

She had her bedtime feed as normal, no problems at all.

She has been dribbling like crazy for the last 2 weeks or so, which I know is a symptom of teething. But she seems far to young for teething (although I've heard the symptoms can precede the actual teeth by some weeks or even months).

The only other possibilty is that its related in some way to her vaccinations which she had on thursday?

Any opinions or advice appreciated.

after willow had her injections she was like this for about 4 days but then she settled down again, willow is also dribbling a lot and not taking all her feeds she is being a little madam so i am putting this down to early teething, have you tried teething gel or a teething ring or dummy?

She has dummies when she wants them. She's a bit young for a teething ring
she can't hold it yet! I wonder if its worth trying one of those special teething dummies you can get?

The dribbling is a nightmare, it makes her chin sore too! :roll:

i have a teething dummy that damon used before they came! it was a godsend - you pop it in the fridge then when he chewed it was nice and cold to soothe his little gums!
edit: im sure it was made by tommee tippee and i got it from my local chemist!

My LO is exactly the same - dribbling like mad for the last few weeks, fist in his mouth, crying when he normally doesn't and off his bottle. My mum said that my sister had her first tooth at 3 months, so I am guessing this is what it is although it is rare to be teething so early, but sometimes the symptoms precede the actual tooth eruption by several months. Have you tried any of the homeopathic remedies? We're using one from Nelson's which is granules that you put in your LO mouth. Seems to calm our boy down a little.

Just wanted to add that Isaac's been dribbling lots the past couple weeks, I keep checking for teeth and over the weekend he's been eating more frequently, sometimes very little too, I thought it was a growth spurt at one point, I do hope Maia's feeling better today :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back