• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

taking a 10 month old to egypt...

gangofgin

Reaction score
hiya

i'm just thinking about booking to go to egypt next april. i've never been before and just wondering if anyones been with a baby or been and can advise if its going to be a good idea to take a 10 month old over there?

cheers

xx

I've never taken DD abroad but we went to Egypt in April 2004 for our honeymoon and all I can say is to be super careful, I got burnt in 10 mins on the first day because I'd missed a spot on my chest when putting the suncream on.

Last edited:
If you are super careful in the sun and use only bottled water and all have the proper immunisations, there is no reason why you shouldnt go. I think I'd probably be too scared though.

OH had a horrendous case of the runs after visiting Egypt for just one day and I don't think it was a case of anything being off because I was fine and we ate the same - but it's likely that he's a bit more sensetive and the local water is used for food preparation. Not too bad for cooked foods I guess but I'd avoid giving LO any uncooked salads and only give them fruit which has been peeled.

i personally wouldnt my neices went last year and the injection made them both ill

thank you for all the replies

its my OH's 40th birthday in april and hes always wanted to go, so I was going to surprise him, but I may give it a miss till hes a little older

So glad you made this post gangofgin, my OH wants me and my LO who's 17 months to go to Egypt end of nov, and ive heard mixed reviews about it, Alot of people have said they wouldn't take children there, and i didnt know you had to have an injection to go, dont like the thought of my LO having one just to go on hols, gonna suggest to OH we go somewhere else instead i think.

Every person iv known go there has got food poisening. I cant pass comment on how careful they were when choseing foods etc. But it sounded far to dangerous to me. (was thinking of there when 16weeks pregnant, went to Furterventura instead).

I dont know hun, thats all I know.. and its what iv been told. :think: I would not go!!!

Hubby and I went for our honeymoon and its hot hot hot there. Also we had the runs really bad for the first week. I personally wouldnt go there with a young child but Egypt is fab :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back