• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Switching from bf to ff

jodied

Reaction score
Ladies just wondered if anyone has any tips... Ella is bf and has milk now in the morning, after bath (bedtime) and around 10-11pm. The last feed we have done as an expressed bottle and she usually sleeps until between 6.30-7.30am. I'm fed up of expressing as I'm having to do it about three times a day to get enough for that bottle so i thought of switch that feed only to formula. Just over a week ago I tried using an aptimil follow on 3 carton and Ella drank the bottle fine but woke up for a feed at 2.30am. I bought aptil first milk 1 cartons instead and have been trying those for the last three nights but she has woken up and fed well (bf) each night (3.30am, 4.30am and 3.30am). Any ideas why she won't now sleep through or tips? I really don't want to go back to expressing (and wouldn't have enough time to do this when working and I'm doing kit days soon) but inthe other hand I want my full nights sleep back!!

No advice im afraid Hun, have you tried the hipp organic goodnight milk? its supposed to be more filling xx

No I've only tried Aptamil so far as its supposed to be closest to breastmilk. Was hoping to stick with cartons as they are so convenient. Anyone used the hungry baby Aptamil? Is that worth a try?

Hey, I haven't tried hungry milk but when I started giving E one ff a day it was like she realised she was hungry and wanted feeding all the time. My situation was slightly different in that she was 4.5 months and dropping centiles like it was going out of fashion so don't think I was producing enough of the goods. Not really sure this helps you, sorry, but just wanted to let you know that one ff seemed to make E hungrier too. It was only when completely ff that she started sleeping through.

Hope you find a solution that suits you both :)

If she is waking up at night its because she isn't getting enough milk and food in day, Its taken me till 9 months to stop my son feeding between 12 midnight till 8am. They need night time feeds up until 9 months. Try feeding her more during day, could try hungary milk but it could make her constipated x

Well last night I was out so hubby did bedtime milk and Ella had Aptamil 1 for both evening bottles and slept until 6am :) v pleased as I'm happy to keep doing that and just bf in the mornings - no more expressing!! x

How's it going for you jodie? Is she still sleeping through x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Yes thanks setdse she slept through again last night after Aptamil after bath and again for the late feed so I've stopped expressing yay!! Let's hope she keeps this up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back