Sure start?

xrachx

Reaction score
who uses their local one? i have just rung mine up this morning and am off down to register soon, they have a massage class i am interested in so i am going to go down and see whats going on down there, yesterday my hv said i didnt have to stick with just one centre i could "hop" between a few depending on what course is on at which, i havent had much to do with sure start for a very long time (helped set a local group up) as morgan is 12 and they were just coming to my old area then so i have had no experience as a user of the services, what kind of thing do you like to use and what courses do you find interesting?
Oh and have you made any friends there??
my mate at the min is about 55cms long and weighs 10lb so i am on the look out for a few on the larger side that can hold a coffee cup.x

xrachx said:
my mate at the min is about 55cms long and weighs 10lb so i am on the look out for a few on the larger side that can hold a coffee cup.x

What are you talking about? :shock:

:rotfl:

lou said:
xrachx said:

What are you talking about? :shock:

:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL...i was being funny!
my only mate at the min is my baby! he is the only person i see untill the rest of the family start coming home from work/school/college.
I am sick to death of being stuck in the house so i have decided to get off my backside and do something about it.

ohhhhh lol

:lol:

i'd go if i were you. I can't wait until Leah's here and i can meet new people because the people that i do know, and including my best friend of 16 years have buggared off so i'm really excited about meeting new people.

deffo go for it :D

xrachx said:
LOL...i was being funny!
my only mate at the min is my baby! he is the only person i see untill the rest of the family start coming home from work/school/college.
I am sick to death of being stuck in the house so i have decided to get off my backside and do something about it.

oh I get it now :rotfl: sorry :oops:

Yeah I know what you mean. I've made a few friends at playgroup but am gonna look for more.....

most people dont seem to warm to me? can't see why? I'm not sarcastic or weird atall? :think:

I cant wait to be honest, its a bit of a walk but that will kill 15 mins of the day, i am sat here with my hair straightened, make up on and i am dressed and ready, i said i will be there at about 11 so i have a while to go yet, Glenn is fast asleep in his jarmies so i will get him changed in a bit and get his pram out...ooohhhh i cant wait now! how sad is that..lol its been a while since i have had to do this, i just hope there are some "older" mums there, usually (please dont take any offence) its all young mums and i feel a little out of sorts cos they are all like..."yer, innit", "'n' that!" "whatever, n that" i hope ther ewill be at least one that i can relate to.x

I've started going to my nearest stay and play group once a week which is just a few minutes walk away!

Brody absolutely loves it! He always tires himself out too I'm taking him to the wiggle and giggle group too this week!

I'd definately recommend it! I don't really know anybody in my area with kids so it's nice for Brody to play with other babies and I get to have a bit of adult conversation! :lol:

hey that sounds good! wiggle and giggle group, i cant wait for Glenn to start waking up a bit more, my hv said there was a mini rhyme time at another group in town but i think he is too small yet but cant wait until i can go to things like that.x

You should definately try the wiggle and giggle! It's for babies from birth to 1 mainly (or up until they start running around!!) so it'd be perfect for Glenn!

Have you looked on net mums website? Its full of places to go and theres even a local message board for you to contact and make friends with local mums. You just register and put in your postcode. Thats how I found my playgroup and theres info about everything, swimming pools, days out, nurseries, primary schools, music classes. Have a look its excellent!!!

Its netmums dot com :wink:

Thanks lou, i forgot all about that site, i am a member but dont use it (crazy!) i am gonna go check out my local board, see whats going on in there, i may need a planner after today!

xrachx said:
Thanks lou, i forgot all about that site, i am a member but dont use it (crazy!) i am gonna go check out my local board, see whats going on in there, i may need a planner after today!

lol Have fun!!!!

I have just started using ours and they seem pretty good. Our antenatal classes were run by them and you could hire tens machines etc for free from them. After I had Finn they got in touch and the lady came around with timetables of mother and baby groups, swimming and so on in the town and details of the breastfeeding support group.

I'm registered with ours, they have quite a lot going on. When I find a way of getting to it without having to walk up the huge hill, I'll start going! Ours has baby massage classes, first aid classes, breastfeeding group, all sorts :)

Well....i think i may have to go to the other one, it was like a ghost town.. :shock: ...i cant believe it, i was the only one in and apparently it doesnt get used much, it has been open a year and they cant get people in for love nor money! we have another center just down the road and it is the biggest one in town, i am not keen on going to that one though, it is huge and the estate it is on is really rough and the people are abit..well, i would rather not say, that is the one were i had a part in setting it up, the one i have just been to do a massage group but its not based there as no one goes sooo...back to the drawing board.

Ours are both in not-so-great areas, its cheaper for them to run that way.. but inside the centres are fab.

xrachx said:
Well....i think i may have to go to the other one, it was like a ghost town.. :shock: ...i cant believe it, i was the only one in and apparently it doesnt get used much, it has been open a year and they cant get people in for love nor money! we have another center just down the road and it is the biggest one in town, i am not keen on going to that one though, it is huge and the estate it is on is really rough and the people are abit..well, i would rather not say, that is the one were i had a part in setting it up, the one i have just been to do a massage group but its not based there as no one goes sooo...back to the drawing board.

Oh no what a bugger!!!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back