Sun shades..

Anna Marie

Reaction score
After lots of internet research and reading reviews it seems that most sunshades [the mesh ones that cover the pram] are only very low SPF so am wondering what all you new mums have been using during this heatwave...

Parasols or the shades that attach to the hood of the pram or the full mesh shade that hooks around the pram?

Any recommendations would be great.. we have the Phil & Teds 3 wheeler pram and their shade aparently has only SPF 3!!!!

ta xx

Damien has the I'coo infinity push chair which has a built in sun shade. In his stroller he has a mothercares own umbrella shade. But to be honest, in this weather I avoid going out in the sun anytime between 11 and 3 just to be safe. xx

I agree with Sami, I have been avoiding going out in the sun 11-3 and if I am out in it I try to stay in the shade as much as poss.

I also have a mothercare parasol

Isabella 5lb 12oz, 13/07/06 - 37+1 weeks

I have a mams and papas Pliko and have a full shade that goes over the hood, but to be honest it is not that great as Jacks legs still get the soon if i dont keep in shade

I avoid going out in the sun 11-3 and I've got a pink parasol that I attach to the pram for any other time I'm out.

Hi Anna Marie :wave:

I have just the thing. I bought one a few weeks ago - highly recommended - they are brilliant - I have now been able to take Heidi out and about (got fed up of trying to drape sheets of the pushchair to keep the sun out!)

My cousin saw it and bought one too - she swears by it also:

http://www.shade-a-babe.co.uk/

I can now put Heidi under it in just her shorts and not have to smother her in sun cream.

Hope this helps

L x

I have a parasol and I like it cos I can bend it right down next to his legs to make sure no sun goes on him at all.

http://www.cheekymonkey.ca/SunveilPram.htm

After messing around for what seemed to be for ages I finally got this. I tried with the parasol when I was in England last month, just gave up with it and threw it away, tried with a blanket, Kai screamed because he couldn't see so finally found this a few weeks ago and it really has been a godsend, Kai can see out and I feel secure with that and that Kai has sunblock on that he will be ok. But even with all of this he is never in direct sunlight.

The only thing I worry about his him getting hot in his pushchair :wall: there is always something to worry about.

Bring on the winter!

I've got this it's great:

it's a protect-a-bub and costs £30

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back