Suggestions Plz

BabyLove

Reaction score
Ok.. so i know i shouldnt be but im too scared to try Lovella with many finger foods even tho shes almost 1 year old :|

I know i have to relax but im just convinced shes going to choke as she seems to on everything. I tried her with a chip ONCE.. and she choked :( So i havnt gone back there :talkhand: Id even bit the ends off and made sure it was a really soft one.

Iv let her try wotsits, toast and a bit of pasty.. which were all fine and different fruits but i need to allow her to experiment more.

I dont think i could watch her try a carrot stick :shock:

Suggestions are welcome :D ( She only has 2 teeth ) x

I know you are not doing baby led weaning but you could look at the BLW blog, it has a few ideas for finger foods. Cally only has 2 teeth too so what she eats should be suitable for Lovella too :)

What about ricecakes or breadsticks to start of with or roasted/steamed sticks of butternut squash or carrot?

Valentine Xxx

:wave:

Are you sure she actually choked? Theres a big difference between choking and gagging.. gagging is where they make a lot of noise and normally spit the food out. This is LO learning how to manage the food in the mouth. Cooper gags often and i just let him get on with it. With choking there would be no noise. The only reason i ask this is when people see Cooper eating and he gags alittle they will panic thinking he's choking and automatically what to fish the food out of his month. Knowing the differenence between them both has helped me relax when feeding Cooper finger foods :hug:

Carrot sticks are a good thing to try, don't be scared. I usually steam them until they are really soft but we were at my Mums for dinner the other day and my Step-Dad gave Ella a carrot round which was quite hard and Ella ate it fine (BTW, she has no teeth, only one that has just broken through).

keli said:

Are you sure she actually choked? Theres a big difference between choking and gagging.. gagging is where they make a lot of noise and normally spit the food out. This is LO learning how to manage the food in the mouth. Cooper gags often and i just let him get on with it. With choking there would be no noise. The only reason i ask this is when people see Cooper eating and he gags alittle they will panic thinking he's choking and automatically what to fish the food out of his month. Knowing the differenence between them both has helped me relax when feeding Cooper finger foods :hug:

No she choked. It lasted quite a few terrifying seconds and ended in her throwing up, red faced and screaming poor thing. She was in a highchair at a restaraunt and we had to jump up and get her out asap to try and get the chip out. I dont know who was more scared.

xCarly said:
keli said:

No she choked. It lasted quite a few terrifying seconds and ended in her throwing up, red faced and screaming poor thing. She was in a highchair at a restaraunt and we had to jump up and get her out asap to try and get the chip out. I dont know who was more scared.

:hug: :hug: nightmare i'm not suprised your scared big hugs glad she was ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back