stopping breast feeding :S

pips

Reaction score
ok, i'm not there yet, but as i'm leaving the forum soon ( :( ) i have to ask my questions before i forget and don't get a chance

this maybe should be in another section, not too sure

basically my problem is : how do you stop breastfeeding? i know all about weaning and have my own views on it so i won't go into that.
i mean, when i don't feed zoé for a good few hours my breasts are so sore!!! they are stone hard (sorry tmi) they leak everywhere and i can't sleep with pain.
i'm thinking when i cut back on her feeds it will be the same.

any tips for comfy weaning? :wall:
hope that made sense
pippa xx

The main thing is don't stop suddenly!!! This will lead to engorgement and possibly mastitis so its important that you wean off the breast over a period of time to allow your body to adjust.

This link (click here) has some tips. They are aimed at mums with older children but there are some good tips and links at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Why are you leaving the forum :(

thanks beanie thats great! :D i'm so dreading the day when zoé stops breast entirely

and i have to leave because i'm moving back to france mid july and i won't have the internet there. by the time we come back to britain zoé will be walking and talking so a bit old for the new mums section...
i'm a bit gutted as although i've never been the most active member i've always appreciated the fact i knew i could come onto here whenever

actually could you tell me if my membership lasts 'forever' or if it expires after a while?

:( diors waliking and talking even if i didnt have Harley ild still be on here :(

make sure u come back :cry:

pips said:
thanks beanie thats great! :D i'm so dreading the day when zoé stops breast entirely

and i have to leave because i'm moving back to france mid july and i won't have the internet there. by the time we come back to britain zoé will be walking and talking so a bit old for the new mums section...
i'm a bit gutted as although i've never been the most active member i've always appreciated the fact i knew i could come onto here whenever

actually could you tell me if my membership lasts 'forever' or if it expires after a while?

Not sure hun, will ask Laura when she's back from her hols. It would be great to see you back, would love to know how things are going with you both. Even when Seren has finished Uuni I'll probably be here :D

oooh, you're going to make me cry (hormones :wink: )
i'll try and go to net cafés when i can (can you do that with a baby??? imagine their faces if you're bf whilst typing in caf lol). you'll just have to create a new section for older babies then! yeah that sounds great!! :D

Yeah, lets get a section for the older babies.
Pip, thats a shame you wont be on as much but you must let us know how you are :(

What a great idea a toddler and school age children section xx

You membership won't expire :)
Plus, they do have internet cafes in France you know :wink:

yes.. it's just time thats worrying me: i will be a student, have two jobs and i'm going for my drivers license too... :shock: not to mention the baby, i will be participating in a thing called 'creche parentale' where you hardly pay a thing to put children in, there are a couple of trained nurses but you have to agree to give up a day or so of your time to look after the kids at the creche too (i looooove the idea)
hmmm this thread had gone slightly off topic lol

glad i can still be 'pips' when i get back then :angel:

oh Pips, did not know you were going back to France!!!
Where will you be? We are leaving for France as well, (just holidays though!) on 24th July and come back 24th August!

we could maybe talk to each other on the phone, I know, not quite as useful as this wonderful forum, but that would be a nice link!

Pm me if you don't want to leave personal details on here!

Mel xx

Aww, you will be missed Pips. :(

But please don't leave for good! :pray:

I'm up for an 'older' children section too, although I may be a little lonely in the 'I'm pregnant and already have a teenager' section!!!! Wanna keep me company in there Ragna??!! :lol:

Pips, that kinda childcare sounds quite good. Do you know French or am i being silly and you are french?

Hi

Im sorry you wont be here much anymore we will all miss you . :(
Hope you come back from time to time.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor