Stopped kicking...

Awww please try not to worry, even though it's hard not to. You don't feel the baby moving all the time at 20 weeks. It's by 28 weeks they say you should feel 10+ movements a day. I was panicking a week or so ago as I went 2 days without feeling anything, but last few days she's been really active and giving me a really good kicking! Sometimes baby can kick your placenta and you don't feel the movements as they are cushioned by it.

I find lying on my back and relaxing helps me feel movements as my uterus is closer to skin surface. Also what you think may be rumbles of wind lower down in your tummy could be your little Jamie moving about a little bit. I realised when I went for my 20 week scan that babies actually move a lot at this stage, but you don't feel absolutely everything they do just yet :D

Im glad you felt him give you a kick :) I hope everything is going okay :hug:

My bubba always goes crazy in the bath but I had one last week and felt nothing, came downstairs and still felt nothing. I was in tears and panicking but OH being the sensible non hormonal one managed to calm me down and sure enough 10minutes later bubba was moving and kicking again. I think all babys have times when they dont move as much, even days sometimes but thats normal. After all they're just little people and do you always feel like doing the same thing everyday?! Maybe LO was just having a quiet, lazy day :hug:

Glad hes moving about to stop you worrying :hug:

How come chocolate and coke is supposed to make the baby move? I don't understand how it could. If you eat chocolate before your scan for example, surely is takes him for your body to absorb it and pass it onto the baby?

I think all the gurgles in your stomach from eating wake the baby up and make them move about a bit! In my early scans baby was always asleep when I went, but when I started eating breakfast before them she was awake! Weird isn't it?!

My LO (great! now I know what LO means I'll use it hehe) has quiet days too and if I'm busy I don't notice the movements at all so then I also think something is amiss. But then you get days when they don't keep still! Last night when I was in bed LO was moving around a lot, not just kicks but very noticeable shifts in the position, felt a bit uncomfy at times but reassuring too.

I'm pleased your feeling relaxed now you've felt baby kick :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back