• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stopped kicking...

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
Ever since the first day i felt Jamie kick, iv felt him every day frequently at around the same times.
I havent felt him once today.... :think:
Iv tryed drinking a can of full fat coke to get him going but nothing.
Is this commen for them to not kick for a few days or should I be worried?
Thanks.

I sometimes find that my little lad doesnt kick when I would expect him to. Sometimes if you busy you just dont notice it. Try going to a quiet room and have a cold drink or some chocolate. That always wakes my wee fella up. If you worried darling you could always nip down to the hospital. I know afew times its freaked me out that I aint felt him and then all of a sudden he wakes up or I stop what ive been doing and he gives me a good boot!!

This is the first tome today iv actually really got out the house.
i went shopping with my friend sicne 12:00 and have just got in, so maybe he was kicking but I didnt notice.
He usually kicks in the afternoon though when Im sat down on pf.

Whenever Isaac went a bit quiet I would have a bath and he would always kick then. Worth a try if you are worried hun :)

Like I sat go and have a cold drink of water or something and some chocolate and it might wake him up if hes sleepy??? might just be cause you have been shopping and the movements wernt as noticeable. Also if you have been moving about he might just have been rocked to sleep the whole time u have been out. It scares the shit outta me when I stop feeling him moving about... hes been very active today tho :lol:

Yeah ill try that hun :)
If I havent felt him all tonight ill give the hospital a ring tomorrow probobly :)
Do you think it would be ok to have a little prod of my stomache to wake him up?

jazzmum2be said:
Yeah ill try that hun :)
If I havent felt him all tonight ill give the hospital a ring tomorrow probobly :)
Do you think it would be ok to have a little prod of my stomache to wake him up?

i know if i have a jiggle of my tum he normally responds lol... well he did the other day when shopping... i poke him to move him over cause he was all on the right side so I gave him a prod and he promptly woke up and gave me a good kick back :lol:

Yeah, I used to gently move Isaac if I was uncomfortable, just be very gentle obviously. Why don't you ring the hospital and they will tell you what you can do and how long to wait before you take action.

I'm sure bubby is just having a quiet day though hun, Isaac used to sometimes :hug:

I want to call the hospital but would feel a bit silly If i called them, then 30 minutes later he satrted kicking :think:

jazzmum2be said:
I want to call the hospital but would feel a bit silly If i called them, then 30 minutes later he satrted kicking :think:

Don't worry about that hun, its what they are there for and you have to put baby first :) You would only be asking for advice and reassurance anyway :)

it has happened to me a lot of times as well. The other day I got very worried as I didn't fell her a lot during the evening and the next morning, so I was at work very worried. i sat down and had a hot chocolate and she started kicking as I'd never felt her before!!!!!

But If you are worried check with hospital or midwife, just to ease your mind. :hug: :hug:

Yeah id feel awful if there was soemthing wrong and I didnt bother going in.
I just called the hospital and she said to have a cold drink and sit down, like mrsbrightside said :)
She said if you havent felt anything by 5-6pm tonight give them another call and i can go and and see if hes alright :)

Ok well hes fine I think.
Hes not kicking loads but out of the blue just gave me one big kick, definatly a kick a bit unmissable :lol:
Thanks jamie :clap:

It is common for this to happen hun to please don't worry about it. You can go days feeling little Jamie kicking about and the nothing for a day or two.. don't worry.. he's fine.. I promise you! :D

I can understand why you're a little concerned though.. you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you feel him kicking again and it wont be long. You'll feel it more frequently as time goes on.. and stronger aswell! :)

xxx

awww im pleased he gave you a kick to say hello!! bet you feel loads better now hun xx :hug: :hug:

Been offline for a bit so just popped back on to see if you'd had any kicks and you have so yay! :)

YAY!!!

i've been through the exact same thing with my LO the last couple of days. i've started going to bed later so i sleep better; i wonder if baby didnt like it :talkhand:

I'm sure that babies have growth spurts in the womb the same as when they are out of the womb. You'll notice when babies reaches certain ages they can go quiet and seem a bit off their food and stuff and be more sleepy and its usually down to a growth spurt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back