• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stomach bug, is baby ok?

Laurababs

Reaction score
I have a stomach bug :( My dad had it first, passed it to my mum and sister and now i have it :wall: It involves sickness and diarrhea (sorry...ew) My OH told me to go to doctor to check on baby but it is too late to make an apt now. Do you think baby is ok? :(

hey hun..i had bad gastroenteritis a few weeks ago and was worried about the same thing but i was assured baby would be fine..if u are worried i wouldnt bother with the doctor as there is nothing they can do or give u unless dehydrating and thats why i was given a anti sickness drug called buccapest.

so id ring ur MW if ur worried and get her to reassure u but im 100% baby is ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Baby will be fine :hug: Loads of pregnant ladies get stomach bugs, you can't help it sometimes. Hope you feel better very soon! :hug:

Hi, I had a really bad stomach bug when I was about 17weeks too. I was being sick literally every 10minutes for hours and hours, even when I had nothing left to bring up I was constantly dry retching, it was disgusting!! I was terrified that Id hurt bubba and I was crying hysterically in between being sick.

It is very scary but your baby will be fine, they are protected in there and wont even really know about it :hug: Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water so you dont get dehydrated, thats the only thing that could cause a problem. Ive made it to nearly 30weeks now and its had no effect on bubba so try not to worry :hug:

Thanks girlies :hug: dont know what id do without you lot.

Hey hun.. sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. I had a sickness phase a few weeks ago. I called emergency MW because I was worried about baby, but she reassured me that baby is perfectly fine and even though baby can either hear/feel when you throw up (feel jolting when you're being sick) baby doesn't know what's going on and is not in any kind of stress. She wont contract the virus, baby is encased in your uterus and is in the safest place she could possibly be. Try not to worry but if you need to talk to a professional to make sure.. call emergency doctor/MW by phoning NHS Direct on 0845 4647

Hope you're feeling better soon. Drink plenty of water, otherwise baby will get too hot.. thats the only danger with a virus.. you have to keep hydrated! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Drink lots of fluids so you don't become dehydrated. Hope you feel better soon xxx

sorry your poorly :(
just make sure you keep your fluids up baby will be fine
xx

You will be fine :hug:

I had food poisoning abroad and in this country at 4 weeks and 16 weeks reprectively with Flod and was told by my GP that the baby is unaffected as long as you're maintaining your fluids :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back